Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarifications

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Clarifications

Just to clarify a few things that seem to be misconceptions... Hopefully I won't overstep my bounds on a couple of them.

First, this forum is not me. This is all Alan. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support he's receiving, and that so many of you think I have something to do with it, but I honestly don't. I'm moral support. Granted, we made the decision together and I've offered some business advice (based on my own experience) and some help with writing things... But that's it. I'm not a moderator, an admin, or anything else on this forum. I'm simply a sounding board.

Here's how I AM connected... I technically own the NG. I am the Committee Chairperson for the NG. And the NG will receive money from this forum. Alan's vision is that any money above what is needed to run the forum will be funneled back to the community, hence the NG or other events that need it. It will not ONLY be the NG, though, either. That, however, is the best way we could think of to give it back to the largest section of the community. The profits from this forum WILL NOT line our pockets. Period, end of story. It's really that simple. Despite what may be said, this is NOT about money. Alan graciously volunteered his time, at great expense to both of us, for 11 years running another forum. And he'll graciously volunteer his time here. We both volunteer time to this community because we believe it's worth it. We love the people (and Alan loves the cars) and will continue to do it for as long as we can.

Thanks for listening. I hope this clarifies a little and I truly hope everyone will continue to frequent this forum. I honestly believe it can be built into a great resource for everyone. All NG announcements will be made here first, but will also be made on other forums for as long as I'm allowed.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Awesome!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Resident Gamer Feedback Score 0 PsykoGamer's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    *claps* I'm liking the sound of this alot more now Thanks Lori and a big thanks goes out to Alan to make this forum possible for everybody. I'm sure with the support of this site the events will be even better than I'm sure they have been.

I AM IMPORT POWER Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Profits going to support the members? SAY WHA?

-Chris

Member supporter Feedback Score 0 fastnelson's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    Just to clarify a few things that seem to be misconceptions... Hopefully I won't overstep my bounds on a couple of them.

First, this forum is not me. This is all Alan. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support he's receiving, and that so many of you think I have something to do with it, but I honestly don't. I'm moral support. Granted, we made the decision together and I've offered some business advice (based on my own experience) and some help with writing things... But that's it. I'm not a moderator, an admin, or anything else on this forum. I'm simply a sounding board.

Here's how I AM connected... I technically own the NG. I am the Committee Chairperson for the NG. And the NG will receive money from this forum. Alan's vision is that any money above what is needed to run the forum will be funneled back to the community, hence the NG or other events that need it. It will not ONLY be the NG, though, either. That, however, is the best way we could think of to give it back to the largest section of the community. The profits from this forum WILL NOT line our pockets. Period, end of story. It's really that simple. Despite what may be said, this is NOT about money. Alan graciously volunteered his time, at great expense to both of us, for 11 years running another forum. And he'll graciously volunteer his time here. We both volunteer time to this community because we believe it's worth it. We love the people (and Alan loves the cars) and will continue to do it for as long as we can.

Thanks for listening. I hope this clarifies a little and I truly hope everyone will continue to frequent this forum. I honestly believe it can be built into a great resource for everyone. All NG announcements will be made here first, but will also be made on other forums for as long as I'm allowed.
    Lori, that's the way supposed to be. This is getting in the right way now awesome!!!
    add: Alan better put you on 3sgto payroll with an good check for all the work you do for this!!

NBF
    Last edited by fastnelson; 09-12-2010 at 06:13 PM.

9.37@153 1.39 60f AT LOW BOOST
    10.43@149 AT 13 PSI ON PURE PUMP GAS
    1047AWHP ON PUMP GAS
    1348+AWHP THE MOST POWERFUL, QUICKEST AND FASTEST STREET 3/S IN THE WORLD
    BEST MPH 162.51

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I knew than any "profit" above what it took to run the forum was going toward NG, but didn't realize you guys had intentions of helping elsewhere with it too. Thats awesome to be back to a community forum.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

3sgto FTW supporter Feedback Score 1 (100%) bubba army VR4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Import Power View Post
    Profits going to support the members? SAY WHA?

-Chris
    Yeah that is a forgotten concept, I love 3sgto

92 Stealth rt/tt 16g's emu +supporting mods
    92 VR-4 IPS stage2 shorty IPS street heads 13g's and more to come

Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    I love this place. Hopefully I can get my 3sgto running. :P

JNS Engineering verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jimvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I became a paid member today. I'm behind what Alan (and you) are doing for the community

Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

Forum User Feedback Score 0 FastOldGuy's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That is very generous of both of you.

Thank you
    R.I.P Spyder you are missed. 93 VR4 453 Hp, balanced, Ported, Polished, Port Matched, 99 lifters, Ross 70 over 8.5 to 1 forged pistons, Stress relieved shotpeened magnafluxed rods,EK2 Red poly motor mounts, Fidanza Adjustable Cam Gears,Kevlar timing belt, Polished Fuel Rails, 16 T, Gutted Precats, 3SX performance down pipe, Race pipe,QTP Exhaust 3" Cutout, HKS Cat Back, MSD Wires, NGK BCP7ES non-resistor plugs, AEM EMS ECU, Speed Density Conversion, AEM 3.5 MAP, AEM AIT,Dual K&N air filters, Dejon Tool Dual Air Intake, Dejon Tool Y Pipe, PTE 550, Walbro fuel pump, EK2 fuel loop, No EGR, Vacuum line reduction, AEM True Flow Controller, Greddy BOV, AEM Gauge UEGO Controller wide band O2 sensor, Gauge-Tech, Kormex tranny,Quadco XR steel Output shaft, LSE Stainless Steel Transfer Main case and Midcase, Quadco input spool, Lightened flywheel, South Bend 6 Puck DXD F Clutch, Greddy EGT, Autometer Boost Gauge, 3SX fuel pressure gauge, Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, FMIC , 5Zigen FNO1R-C, Audio: 6 New Infinty speakers. Alpine CDA MP3/WWA 9847 Reciever, 2 Dual 300 watt amps. Cianci 3 gauge A pilars, Aluminum defroster vents' lowered

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast