Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarifications

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Lori, i owe you & alan dinner. I just have to get free from work to go to NG so I can meet you two.

You've completely centered on what was wrong with the old forum. I'm actually willing to put up with quite a lot of B.S.--if the end result is going to support this platform. AF wanted none of that.

Here's 3sgto.org. may it have a long, prosperous, healthy life....and may it exceed all that was good about 3si.
    "He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
    - Thomas Paine
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it."
    -John Adams
    "I must study politics & war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy".
    -John Adams
    "Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
    -Stephen F. Roberts
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    "The greatest trick that Islam ever pulled, was convincing the world that it was benevolent."
    -Anon
    "That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
    -Hitchen's Razor (New for 2018, thanks to Brett Kavanaugh)

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You guys rock!

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    lol You guys are easy to please!! We had a discussion about this tonight... Ultimately, this is Alan's business and therefore his decision. But the plan is not only the NG, since people on the west coast have such a hard time getting to it. Eventually, if the west coast gathering were to come back, we'd be interested in helping out there, too. That would only be fair. Of course there are no guarantees - it'll all depend on how things go. But that's our hope and our plan. Maybe small amounts to other gatherings, too, even if it's in prizes from some of the vendors (things we purchase) or whatever. We'll figure it all out. But no, we don't intend to pocket anything from this venture.

As for being generous, you guys gotta understand how much this community has done for us, too. Alan's transmission went out once years ago... Someone was kind enough to GIVE us a transmission for the cost of shipping it from the southwest. Then about 10 guys showed up for an entire weekend to help us remove the old and put in the new.. Another time we needed the car fixed QUICK and several guys dropped everything on a moment's notice to run over and help. Other times Alan has come online for advice and gotten everything he needed, with people willing to pick up the phone and walk us through.... And then there's the NG. No one had any reason to trust me/us with it.. And yet they put their support behind us and came anyway. Frankly, I think no matter how much time or energy we give, we've still come out ahead. Between all the help, the support, and the friendships... We're ahead of the game.

Member verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    You both are great people. Awesome!

1fstascar on 3si Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Great can't wait to be a paid member!

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm glad to see the money go back into making the events better, but I also know you and Alan have put a considerable amount of your own money into making the NG work. I hope you can recover some of that money through the site.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    would you mind if i pasted this over at the "other" place?

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    IPD,don't do it...not worth it...just keep pulling content

Lori, there could not be one without the support of the other (refering to Alan and your support of his amazing work keeping the community together)

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal
    Owner Since

Thanks
    When it's something you love, you don't mind doing it for free... I think that is a concept some people have a hard time grasping

I think we all knew that the money generated would go towards helping the community, events, etc.

You both do so much for the community, and give so much of your time and energy to it, Thank you both.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    very nice to hear!

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace