Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebay front lower ball joints

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks

ebay front lower ball joints

are these ebay ball joints any good? i need some and thinking about these or the 3sx ones which i know are better but if these are decent id as soon pick these up for a bit cheaper
    (heh an goodyear tried to tell me that i had to buy the whole control arm because you cant get them seperate (ball joint from control arm) that they arent removeableanywyas which ones on that page do i get and or jsut go with the 3sx ones for a bit more?

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=fro....c0.m270.l1313
    "Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it"

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Go with the combo pack, or do what I did, and go to your local parts store and:

What you are looking for is Moog K9855 or its equivalent.
    TRW 104-244 is one such equivalent.
    So is the NAPA ATM 1013408.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks
    yeh how much are they at napa tho? im on a very very limited budget... jsut got a front main seal replaced and 2 new front tires and didnt have much fore money fore that all happened as it is lol what ya mean by combo pack tho ? on ebay?

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Dod...Q5fAccessories

That looks exactly like what I installed. That auction is for two. I think I paid $25 a piece. It's good practice to replace both at once, but if you're really tight on money, it's ok to replace one and replace the other as soon as your budget allows.

The big advantage to the more expensive 3sx BJ's is the zerk fitting. Ability to re-grease ftw!

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks
    naw im gonna do both sides might even do the rear while im at it now that im finding the parts this cheap ... still cant find anything on napas site but advanced found the moog's funny how when i called em they couldnt find em lol 23 apiece at advanced http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...GRPCHASAMS____
    and 15 at rock auto

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks
    hmm so i went a head and ordered everything form advance auto today came up to 191 bucks for inner and outter tie rod ends and ball joint both sides.. hopefully i dont need all these parts but i oredered em so id have them if i needed em...

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    No parts stores are gonna show ball joints for a 3s, because its listed as a non replacable part. You are supposed to replace the whole control arm according to the dealer. These parts are direct fits though. Its just an example of dealers/manufacturers who like to try to make things more difficult/expensive, than they need to be.

Just keep those part numbers handy for future reference.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks
    hmmm after looking on advance's website it says that "Moog K9855" "does not fit my 93 stealth"... just a lil confused about that is all .. i mean i ordered the right one right?
    also seen they have energy poly end links and bushings for sway bars at advance for cheap. so if i can come up with enuff money tomorrow im gonna do the front and rear sway bar links and bushings but atleast try to do the front sway bar bushings n end links cause i know the bushings are getting a lil' worn up front (and a bit in back), and not the tightest, and wait to do all the rear bushings when i have more money. less it wouldnt be a good idea to do the front and not the rear? I deffinatly know its not optimum handling but unsafe ?
    in which case if it would be unsafe if i can afford it ill do both front and rear sway bars tomorrow, or wait til i can afford it,, just not diggin how much it rolls on the turns as it is now...
    Last edited by dfoster101; 12-14-2010 at 04:11 AM.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Advance says it doesn't fit because Advance, just like the dealer, will only sell the whole control arm. It fits.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Definitely fits, the guys at the counter were so confused, I just gave up and told them it was for a Sonata.