Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 3SGTO Weight Loss Thread (Human not Automotive)

DR-750 club Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) FeaRpb's Avatar
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks

The 3SGTO Weight Loss Thread (Human not Automotive)

Well I thought I would start a thread on here for tips, guides, and just a place to blog about weight loss. Whether you are currently in the process or want to start, I want this thread to be filled with info to help others and inspire.

My story.

I have been trying to lose weight off and on. (Im pretty bad at sticking with programs or anything else for that matter) Recently I found out I weight 10lbs more than I thought I did. I have started to notice that my pants and shorts are fitting tighter and tighter. So I have set a goal for myself.

I want to lose 35-40lbs and get back down to the 200~ area. The last time I weighed myself I was 139 and that was on Thanksgiving after I ate. I am 6'1'' so I am slightly over weight.

My plan is to eat better, (I usually don't stop eating when I am full, I stop when I feel like a piece of shit for eating so much). And also work out daily, I used to run a few miles every day but it puts a toll on my knees. (I hyper-extended them a long time ago). So instead im going to try and stay with the Insanity program I have. Only reason I didn't stick with it last time is because I live in an apt, and I didn't have much area around me to move in when I was doing it so it kind of got me down.

But enough about me, lets hear other peoples stories and thoughts.
    Last edited by FeaRpb; 12-08-2010 at 10:03 AM.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

Forum User Feedback Score 13 (100%) Austin@STM's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've thought about it, but no matter what i do i pretty much just stay right at 180, so i just let my car lose all the weight.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    about 6-7 weeks ago I stopped drinking pop, and that next week I probably lost about 5 lbs, but then after a couple weeks I just felt like I was hungrier and would eat more.

I really need to get back into shape and loose some weight, I'm about 6'0 215lbs. I would be to lose 35lbs. I'm not sure what I can do to motivate myself, I work a lot and am just lazy in my free time.

Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Same here, I work from 7am to 430pm mon-friday and when I get off I like to relax, I drink only water and tea and beer when I party. I bet if I drank soda's I would be even more fat.

Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Well I just ate lunch. I feel like a piece of shit, I ate to much. But it was sooooo good.

Insomniac Feedback Score 0 Runner up's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Over the past year or so, I have made a conscience effort to lose weight. As of right now, I'm 230 lbs. I was at 290 at my heaviest. Just a hair over 6 feet tall. Now, back when I clocked in at 290, no one would have ever guessed I weighed that much. I remember one time in particular when I went to the hospital for a routine checkup, and the nurse was shocked when I stepped on the scale.

I cut out soda, most junk food, and made an actual effort to eat slower. I noticed that I used to shovel food in, and not even know that I was full. I was never really one to eat fast food or candy, but I completely cut that out too. After August, I began running (super hard for a smoker) around 3 or 4 times a week. When I first started, I could only run for about 3 minutes before I needed to stop, I can now run for well over 10 minutes without stopping. I can jog for over 3 miles without stopping. And I can run a mile in under 8 minutes. Needless to say, I'm very happy. FeaRpb, if running hurts your knees, try running on grass instead of concrete.

I've just begun weight lifting and boxing, both of which I love. Also, be sure to reward yourself every now and then. If you want some ice cream, or a burger, go get one. If you deny yourself all the time something you want, you'll eventually binge and ruin a whole week of hard work. I hate working out, but damn I love being 60 pounds lighter. What it really comes down to is some self control and dedication. My goal for right now is to get to 200 pounds and take it from there. If I want to lose more weight, I will. I've already shown myself that I can do it.

Good luck guys

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Working on losing the weight myself. I've always been a larger person (my structure, not weight) but have recently gotten too heavy for my likings. I'm 6'2" and am currently 230lbs. With that said, I also work out often at the gym. However, I do need to drop some weight which I'm currently working on.

EDIT: Looking to get down to roughly this weight with more muscle mass, less body fat.

Picture taken 3 1/2 years ago, I'm the one on the right.
    Last edited by onebadmollafolla; 12-09-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 SilverJester's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I just recently started up again a week ago. I had lost about 55lbs but then about this time last year (holiday food) I started eating more and stopped counting the calories. Then sometime around the end of last semester I stopped going to the gym because I was exhausted between work and school work. I used to run 5 miles a day, although I haven't given up playing soccer 2-3 times a week. Now all the smaller sized jeans I had to buy a year and a half ago are starting to get tight as I've gain about 30lbs back So I decided last week to get back to at least the dieting routine (which for me is counting calories) and I just ordered and actually received today an armband for my new epic 4g so I can listen to music while running. I'm playing 3 nights a week of soccer right now, but I want to get up to running at least 2 or 3 times a week also. I'll probaby start a regular running schedule next week after finals.

My tips from my first go around (when I lost 55lbs)...I counted calories which for me wasn't too difficult because I eat the same things over and over again (whether I'm dieting or not) plus I was used caloriecount.com to help keep track of my calorie intake. Now I'm using MyFitnessPal because they have an app for my android phone with barcode scanner so it is even easier now. The way I decided on how many calories I needed was by googling some calorie intake formulas to maintain your weight and always choosing the "sedentary" option (which will give you the least amount of calories) and then subtracting 500 calories from that. I also didn't factor in the calories burned by working out. For me (25 year old 5'11" male about 190 now....lost 2 pounds this week woohoo) it works out to 1400 calories (well MyFitnessPal says 1360 so I'm going with that). Also I give myself one day a week to cut lose and eat whatever I feel like. Without this one day I would not be able to stick with any diet.

And FeaRpb, I did Insanity for about 3 weeks, if you can stick with it it's a great program but very difficult. But I'm kinda like you I don't have a lot of space to do the jumping around that they want you to do...but even in those 3 weeks I gained a lot of cardio. When I started it I thought my cardio was in pretty good shape, but I couldn't get through the first workout without resting, 3 weeks later I still couldn't get through every workout, but most of them I could.
    Last edited by SilverJester; 12-09-2010 at 04:25 AM.

GREASE BUNNY Feedback Score 0 Granny's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    A few blocks from my house a new gym opened.
    I'm going up there today to join. I can't seem to get motivated by myself so I hope this will help get me get focused.
    I have a year before I turn 50 and would really like to cross that threshold healthier and more fit.
    I have to loose 50lb to put me back in an acceptable weight range for my height.
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Oh Karen, you made me smile today.

Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    I need to lose 40~.

I am starting today, tho I did say I was starting when I started this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast