Thread: 2 bolt engine VR4 longblock

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

2 bolt engine VR4 longblock

*EDIT* No longer for sale. It was pointed out to me that at least on of the heads is Non-turbo head. Will likely tear it down and part it out.

I have a 2 bolt VR4 / TT engine(longblock) sitting in my garage that I don't think I am going to use.

The guy I bought it from claimed ~70,000 miles on it. I haven't heard it run though. I have turned it over with a breaker bar at the crank pulley and it turns over nicely. I don't hear any kind of clunks like a loose rod or anything. I could probably pull the pan off and check it out if you want. It could very well be a good running engine. If I had a TT flywheel, or a N/A bell housing(I have an N/A flywheel), I would turn it over and get some compression numbers.

I pulled the therm housing and found some rust in there. That is what scared me from using it, however, you could probably get by with flushing the coolant system. The crossover pipe had some in it as well. I have an extra pipe I will include with it.

I also have the turbo exhaust manifolds, and an intake manifold if you want to work that into the deal as well.

If you're looking to do a TT conversion, I also have a turbo engine harness for an extra 100.00. Could possibly dig up turbo cores, but if I do they will likely need rebuilt. Also have ICs and pipingLet me know what else you may need for the conversion, I might have it.

Looking for 1100.00 shipped for the long block, but throw me some offers. I am flexible

The manifolds and accessories pictured are not included unless we work out a deal with them.

Last edited by gs1000kat; 12-11-2010 at 10:57 PM.