Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GZP Ram 2500 Overhaul

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal
    Owner Since

Thanks

GZP Ram 2500 Overhaul

So, I do a lot of towing, and was running around with a 2WD 94 1500, regular cab, that just was not cutting it. So, we found this 96 V10 2500 4x4 on craigslist a few months back on Long Island (NY). We ended up getting it for a song and a dance, and drove it home to PA.

It's been sitting out back of our shop for quite a while, and now we're finally diving into it.

So, onto the pictures

Pulled back the carpet and found this... which is what prompted the top to bottom overhaul

you can see the new floor panel to the side, waiting to be installed, once we cut out the rotted metal on the floor.

Some rot areas on the body, so, we're cutting sections out, and we got replacement panels to weld in

Chucked the bed liner. We'll be fixing the major damage in there, then just getting a spray-on bedliner

Circa 2005... Oh my, how far I've come
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    gear wrenches = wrench with the spinny thing inside of the circle part?
    Current:
    2004 ML500 - Mommy Mobile
    1996 Ram 2500 V10 - Tow Vehicle
    1991 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo - Pink Parts, Billet GZP 747's
    1995 3000GT VR-4 - lawn gnome
    1999 3000GT SL - 7,436 miles
    1995 3000GT Spyder - garage ornament

FOR SALE:
    1995 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Red, 80k miles

Why? Because Race Car. verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    V10 Looking good so far!
    91 R/T TT
    Mods: RC 550s, Stillen Downpipe, Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors, HKS Exhaust, HKS VPC, HKS EBC, HKS Turbo Timber, HKS Twin Power, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS SMIC, HKS Fuel Pump, Wiseco Pistons, 3SX Rods, Ferrera SS Valves, 3rd Gen Lifters, 15G Turbos, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, B&M FMOC, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley, EGR blockoff.

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hans had to buy me some step-up bars so I can get in and out of the truck by myself... without someone lifting me in

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Haha, can't wait to see how it turns out.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    Hans had to buy me some step-up bars so I can get in and out of the truck by myself... without someone lifting me in
    I used to have a lifted Bronco II. My friend and his girlfriend rode with me to a WVU game in it. She was short. Probably shorter than you. He had to give her a boost to get in it. It was quite comical.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

There's is a bit of good in evryone verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    thats a lot of work....but it will definitely be worth it. I can't wait to see the results.

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I so miss my V10 2500! traded for a damn toyota for mileage, and wish I had not.

8 to 14 mph, but will pull like a sumbitch.

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Surprised to hear people liked the V10's. I worked at a Dodge dealership when they were out and people would buy them and trade them in 2 months later because they couldn't stand them.

Cool project though. I used to have a 1500, same style and color even...one of the best trucks I had. Rust does suck on them though as mine was rusting on the bed sides just like yours.

Make sure you go over the suspension good too...that's one area those trucks had issues with.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It's getting a new set of shocks all around. I'm not sure what brand yet... looking at some heavy duty bilsteins, but I may end up going with some Rancho's. It has some H2 Hummer wheels on it now with 35 inch tires. The rest of the suspension seems to be in good shape. I did buy all new ball joints for the front before I even looked at it. It doesn't need them yet, but I have them just in case. I'm also doing in intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets on the engine as well as some Doug Thorley long tube headers with a custom cat back exhaust

The truck is getting painted sandstone grey (from a 92 3000GT) with the company logo being painted on the bed and tailgate of the truck in Silver (factory color from a 92 3000GT) and Blue (from a 92 3000GT as well). Trying to keep the factory 3/S paint scheme on it. We're putting in new bottom cab corners, new driver side rocker panel, driver side floor pan, and driver side wheel arch on the bed. I got a sport grille for it. I'll probably get a sport front/rear bumpers for it as well. I don't like chrome bumpers. Em got some ghey halo headlights for it. I'm not sure how I like them, but we'll see how it turns out when the truck is painted.

I'm probably going to pull the plow mount off. I really don't think I'll ever plow with this thing.

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Boy you easterners sure have rust issues over there. Not as cold for as long here, so chemicals and sand, no salt on the roads.