Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2fnould's build log

Monogamous Gigolo verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) 2fnloud's Avatar
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    That is great!!

Here is my Saturn right before I pulled the system out.

I like how you have that box built to accommodate your rear strut tower bar. Do the strut bars really make that much of a difference?

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    WOW you have pushed the rice limit. I must say that stereo is really impressive! You have a shitload of work in that car.

The strut bars, yeah some more than others. The 3 point Cianci I had made the car a good bit more ridged. It felt tighter in the corners. I hated to sell it but it wouldn't fit with the FMIC piping. The rear one works much better through the box than it would without the box because it's very tight. It's almost like a 3 point bar. I could feel the difference when I backed out of the garage the 1st time. It also makes the box much harder to steal. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fnloud View Post
    I sold the old school HCCA's and went with:

But I have even sold the two D5000's so now I have

Orion:

3 HP-4800
    2 HP-2400
    1 HP-4600
    1 HCCA-D2400

At my disposal.
    Awe, I wanna kinda cry now, lol. The old school orion amp's were pimp, and big as shit. Dad had some, till they got stolen.. fuckin fags...

Lol, Yeah with the strut bar there, your box is going no where for sure.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 reallyxxxxxxloud's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hey 2fnloud the Saturn looks phat.. I like it!!! Hey just with your box design you emailed me - I'd want at least 3" in front of them. 1" might be to close and cause too much compression. Give it a go and see how it sounds. Remember it doesn't matter how you design your box spec's wise as you are still putting your subbox inside another box (your car) and this will change the sound again. Your probably the only other one I know of here on 3SGTO that has a big system going in...
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED

Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reallyxxxxxxloud View Post
    Hey 2fnloud the Saturn looks phat.. I like it!!!
    Thank you. Seeing what you have done and you run a professional shop and I am a "tree shade" hobbyist, that compliment means allot.

Hey just with your box design you emailed me - I'd want at least 3" in front of them. 1" might be to close and cause too much compression. Give it a go and see how it sounds. Remember it doesn't matter how you design your box spec's wise as you are still putting your subbox inside another box (your car) and this will change the sound again.
    I only have 12.25 maximum height. This will allow me to store my moon roof back there still. Using .5" birch, gives me 11.25 max height. Losing 3 inches would leave me with 8.5 interior height........never mind, I opened my box design and my interior dimensions are 7.25" high x 38" wide x 9.5" deep, I can go 4" in front of them. As far as graphs there are two that are different from the file you sent me, so I am confident in my revised design. I know the performance will change, I just wanted to keep tweaking my design to squeeze everything out of it. I think I will be surprising allot of people with the output of four 8's.

Your probably the only other one I know of here on 3SGTO that has a big system going in...
    I wouldn't consider this THAT big of a system. What I was going to do with the Saturn install v2.0 was going big! The Saturn was going to have:

Everything that I have listed here but replace the four 8's with 2 Orion HCCA 12.2's and replace the HCCA-D2400 with two HCCA-D5000's. ALL channels were to be active x-overed. I was going all out in the Saturn. Like I mentioned then I found the Stealth, and changed directions. The only Active that MAY happen still is the front, and that will be contingent on the weight I add.
    Last edited by 2fnloud; 12-06-2010 at 05:46 PM.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fnloud View Post
    I think I will be surprising allot of people with the output of four 8's.
    Speaker design has come a long way. There is no doubt you can get a bunch out of four 8's. My old bass players amp had four 8’s and it was the loudest bass amp I have heard. It had a shit load of low end, this thing had balls for sure.

rawr. verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) Atrosity's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Wow this looks AWESOME!

Subscribed.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Forum User Feedback Score 0 reallyxxxxxxloud's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Actually green-lantern (apart from sub woofer excursion vs output) Speaker design has taken a major step backwards. Manufacturers have now gone Chinese and it is no longer about sound quality. I'd say 80% of what was once considered good quality SQ is now $ orientated. That and the fact most people have no idea what SQ actually sounds like- funny enough.

To truly understand what SQ is. It does take training and even still most don't get it. But once you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKADOOSH!!! verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) J_Parker's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Agreed, brands like MTX, Audiobahn, etc have litterally gone from great, to meh. I remember my first set of subs still and wish I still had them, they were the MTX Thunder 8000's 12" I haven't had bass that sounded that clean in years. Sure things may be loud, but once you hear a really good quality thoughroughly engineered sub you'll have a new outlook on what you want to hear in bass. I hate the my subs have xxxxwatts arguments that I get into with peopl, there are some outstanding sounding subs that only have 800watts peak power. Now it's all about 3000watts, a 50lb magnet, some fancy basket machining, and cheap Chinese labour with a huge markup. Build it here, charge more for quality labour and materials, and make everyone happy is what I say.
    Last edited by J_Parker; 12-07-2010 at 01:38 AM.
    Photobucket

Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Parker View Post
    Agreed, brands like MTX, Audiobahn, etc have litterally gone from great, to meh. I remember my first set of subs still and wish I still had them, they were the MTX Thunder 8000's 12" I haven't had bass that sounded that clean in years. Sure things may be loud, but once you hear a really good quality thoughroughly engineered sub you'll have a new outlook on what you want to hear in bass. I hate the my subs have xxxxwatts arguments that I get into with peopl, there are some outstanding sounding subs that only have 800watts peak power. Now it's all about 3000watts, a 50lb magnet and some fancy basket machining.
    Sounds like they are trying to over compensate something

My 8's
    4.8 LBS
    12mm Xmax
    120 W RMS
    84 dB 1W/1m

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast