Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAH on Newegg's black friday sale!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

BAH on Newegg's black friday sale!

DAMN! You guys think what they have listed now for black friday is going to stay this way or do you think it might change? I didn't buy that 1090t for 210 in hopes of seeing ram and the 1090t on newegg for equal or less of a price but they haven't even budged They do, however, have a decent deal going on 8 gigs of DDR3 1333 for 89 bucks.

Why? Because Race Car. verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MADMarc View Post
    DAMN! You guys think what they have listed now for black friday is going to stay this way or do you think it might change? I didn't buy that 1090t for 210 in hopes of seeing ram and the 1090t on newegg for equal or less of a price but they haven't even budged They do, however, have a decent deal going on 8 gigs of DDR3 1333 for 89 bucks.

91 R/T TT
    Mods: RC 550s, Stillen Downpipe, Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors, HKS Exhaust, HKS VPC, HKS EBC, HKS Turbo Timber, HKS Twin Power, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS SMIC, HKS Fuel Pump, Wiseco Pistons, 3SX Rods, Ferrera SS Valves, 3rd Gen Lifters, 15G Turbos, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, B&M FMOC, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley, EGR blockoff.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I wish I had cash to spare. I could use a new CPU and memory.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yesss...the RAM is a great deal hahah but by waiting I missed out on twenty bucks in savings on the CPU I 'spose it's a risk we all take around this time ehhh

Yeah I was pissed. Hopefully the deals improve for Friday lol. These pre-Friday deals are all on horrible products mostly (aside from a few tv's)

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Tiger HD sale. Have not heard of this hybrid drive till now. Watch the second video, pretty amazing to me...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Sku=TMD-500AS4

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    its not bad. they might be playing the "pre load windows" on the SSD drive game.

and itunes... Youll notice most of the other apps are not that slower.

Its a weird test though so I would like to see more on it. You can just throw a SDcard in your windows 7 PC and make it boot off that for faster boot times.

SSD is the way to go though if you can, ill never go back, my PC frigging flies. You don't realize just how much time disks take until you go back to another laptop.

I will always go for a 2 bay laptop(usually a little larger) that way you can have a fast 120 gig ssd and a 500 gig storage drive. Same with a desktop.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes2nd View Post
    its not bad. they might be playing the "pre load windows" on the SSD drive game.

and itunes... Youll notice most of the other apps are not that slower.

Its a weird test though so I would like to see more on it. You can just throw a SDcard in your windows 7 PC and make it boot off that for faster boot times.

SSD is the way to go though if you can, ill never go back, my PC frigging flies. You don't realize just how much time disks take until you go back to another laptop.

I will always go for a 2 bay laptop(usually a little larger) that way you can have a fast 120 gig ssd and a 500 gig storage drive. Same with a desktop.
    I like my netbook with external storage - I never even take the drive out of the bag, I just fish out the cable and rock.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Hitokiri Battousai verified
    Owner Since
    June 2002

Thanks
    the hybrid drive isn't all that good It generally sits between a standard 7200rpm drive and the VRaptors in benchmarks. Maybe once they work on making it more aggressive with loading things on the and maybe some better firmware it will be a worthwhile investment, bit as of now, it's now where near an SSD in speed. For 500GB at ~$100ish, it's not too bad considering it's similar to the VRaptors which cost quite a bit more for the same capacity.

EDIT: http://www.storagereview.com/seagate_momentus_xt_review
    Last edited by Jeremy C; 11-25-2010 at 10:54 PM.

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Nice read, thanx!

I am getting the ssd for all my rigs, but will wait a bit longer for pricing...