Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures And Video Of My Last Stock Turbo Passes, Thanks Again STM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks

Pictures And Video Of My Last Stock Turbo Passes, Thanks Again STM

Well I cant say it enough how happy i am with the Stealth this year. After a long winter with countless hours of work getting the car ready, and then having to wait until August to finally drive the car because my tranny took almost a year to be rebuilt.

Well in the past few months I still managed almost 10k miles on the car this year, setup just like it is at the track minus the slicks sometimes. Only thing that broke on me this year was the FAL fan i had, thing didnt even last a month. The rest of the car made it to the track 5 times for 20+ passes and loved every minute of it.

On this last time out I was able to cut 3 1.4 60's in a row, all still on the stock unbraced T-case and tranny. Also made a personal best of 127mph on the little snails, i was very impressed.

I am very excited for next year, and cant wait to see what we can make this car do once it can breathe up top.

So i wont hold you up any longer here is the video and some pics, ENJOY!

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin@STM For This Useful Post:

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    Your 2-3 shift is crazy fast!

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    Your 2-3 shift is crazy fast!

Jeremy
    That was a slow 2-3, this one was way better, but i f'ed up the launch pretty bad.

This is from a few weeks ago, when i went 10's the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/STMtuned#p/u/18/1MmNwRvysh4

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Nice video
    Last edited by FeaRpb; 11-24-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    How high are you revving out to?

Jeremy

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    How high are you revving out to?

Jeremy
    Not sure exactly, just kinda go when it feels right, usually around 6700-6900 on the logs.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    WOW. So I need to up my engine speed @ launch by about 1500 RPM. Good to know.

I continue to shake my head in utter amazement. I'd kill for a 1.4x 60'. Bravo, sir.

Care to share any details on how you intend to allow it to "breathe up top"?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    WOW. So I need to up my engine speed @ launch by about 1500 RPM. Good to know.

I continue to shake my head in utter amazement. I'd kill for a 1.4x 60'. Bravo, sir.

Care to share any details on how you intend to allow it to "breathe up top"?
    Big turbo, that makes more power where it needs to, instead of choking the engine out. I havent completely made up my mind though yet.

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    So what are your EGT's running 23 psi on those things?
    93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

3SNG15 Best overall

"I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    ~2006

Thanks
    How much do you think the FMIC helps with small TD04s? I'm debating between SMIC and FMIC still.. I like the look of SMIC better and the engine cooling but everyone always talks about how much FMICs help with performance..

And do you happen to have any higher resolution pictures? I really like the one with the stands in the background.