Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kormex Transmission is leaking

XLR8TOR Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    www.jackstransmissions.com

And yeah, after the way Frank handled Jay and Jackie's situation I wont ever recommend anyone to take work to Kormex again.

On top of that he stalked my posts after I posted my opinion of the situation trying to find anything wrong he could to discredit me.
    Thanks for the link to Jacks. Went there, read the entire site and gained some valuable knowledge.

This sounds like the kind of people I want to deal with. Not cheap but well worth the price you pay.

Anyone who shops by price alone is some ones prey.

Roo fuckers anonymous verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) GTO Assassin's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    I didn't like the way they handled VR4ever when he had an issue with them. I'm pretty sure I won’t be doing business with them.
    Exactly. Frank didn't seem to give a rats arse when it was made public and didn't care enough to fix it.

I hear nothing but good things about Jacks T.

Scotty

Forum User Feedback Score 0 enigma's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My box is 20 years old, I've removed my tranny 3 times in 8 years for different reasons and always found the getrag easy to work on, on all the shafts ends there are only 2 bearings that are mitsy only, the rest can be brought from any good bearing stockist, I've only replaced end case and bell housing bearings and its still smooth shifting on the original sycros, I change the oil once a year and always find a swarf on the drain bung which imo is quite normal for these boxes.
    More importantly on re-assembley, is to ensure all the mating surfaces are not damaged and use a good sealer and keep to the torque figures.
    Last edited by enigma; 12-26-2010 at 08:12 AM.

3si join date Jan 2002 supporter Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrosity View Post
    Unfortunately it has been passed the 90 days. I doubt they would even care, last time I called them they were very rude.
    There's a surprise. They have been known to be extremely rude. I had first hand experience of this years ago when I called to order a transfercase from them when I first got my VR4. Glad I didn't order through them. I mentioned it in a thread on 3si a lonnggg time ago and Frank blew up at me and some more people. After that he would like search for my posts and reply to them and just try to prove me wrong on something I was talking about.

Frank at Kormex is an absolute dickhead asshole.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkortchGT View Post
    There's a surprise. They have been known to be extremely rude. I had first hand experience of this years ago when I called to order a transfercase from them when I first got my VR4. Glad I didn't order through them. I mentioned it in a thread on 3si a lonnggg time ago and Frank blew up at me and some more people. After that he would like search for my posts and reply to them and just try to prove me wrong on something I was talking about.

Frank at Kormex is an absolute dickhead asshole.
    As I previously mentioned he did the same thing to me after I commented on his poor handling of Jay and Jackie's transmission.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

3si join date Jan 2002 supporter Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    As I previously mentioned he did the same thing to me after I commented on his poor handling of Jay and Jackie's transmission.
    i didn't catch that, doesn't surprise me, he is such a dick.

I found the original thread on 3si where he blew up at me and some more people for basically no reason: 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

I bought my vr4 in March of 03 and was going to buy a new tcase from Frank about a year later. I called to get some info & he was the biggest dick on the phone. He even complained about people calling and it costing him $0.50 a call back them. What a dumbass.

rawr. verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) Atrosity's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    then why is he in the god damn service business....the guy is an asshole...
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

-BOOSTTD- verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) mh3kgt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah, I definately won't be going thru Kormex for my tranny refresh, I'll most likely send it up to CO and have Jack do it.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) J-Groove's Avatar
    Owner Since
    November 1999

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkortchGT View Post
    i didn't catch that, doesn't surprise me, he is such a dick.

I found the original thread on 3si where he blew up at me and some more people for basically no reason: 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

I bought my vr4 in March of 03 and was going to buy a new tcase from Frank about a year later. I called to get some info & he was the biggest dick on the phone. He even complained about people calling and it costing him $0.50 a call back them. What a dumbass.
    Wow, I just read that thread!! I didn't see that one back in '04. But WOW!!!

-John

SDSU Alumnus verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) bboyalan's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Nov 2006

Thanks
    It almost seems that the entire case needs to be re-sealed as mentioned earlier; damn thing has small signs of moisture accumulating all around still. My first thought was the OS seal going out prematurely [more common], but the leak would be more obvious there. I DO have the Mitsubishi silicone sealant here, but it would too much of a hassle with the remaining grinding and notchiness.

The pictures that I took would make many people cry over the $3k pricetag... it was unbelievable!
    3/S Street Tuner San Diego's Panda VR-4 v.3 w/ 38psi (peak) on E85+Meth | 3094 lbs as of 7/2/19

'92 VR-4 - Fully built, AEM EMS S2, MHI EVO3 16G's, suspension, and corner balancing | '10 EVO X SE | '04 EVO VIII SSL
    4/1/21 - "retuned" est. 570AWHP VD SAE (580 U/C | second gear | 88°F) holding ~30psi (more boost & less timing still... hehe)
    On the side (v.4): IPS single turbo kit w/ GReddy 70mm, BC 3.4 billet stroker crank, BC gears, Italo billet oil pump gears, etc.

"There are no secrets better kept than the secrets that everybody guesses."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast