Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kormex Transmission is leaking

rawr. verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) Atrosity's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Mine is kind of notchy when shifting, it really pisses the crap out of me that I spent so much money for this only to get effin screwed over....

If I open this and reseal it, I might as well replace my second gear as that is what is messed up..
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since
    August 2003

Thanks
    I had my Kormex trans less than 500 miles and the output shaft seal went. Due to Extreme Motorsports burning down(the ones I had install it while I had other work done), they wouldnt warranty it. This was back in oct of 08. Had the seal replaced once after it started leaking and its leaking again. And yea, the guy I talked to was very rude. I have been contacting Jacks back and forth and he spent the time to write me what would be a 2 page email about his processes and warranty and what he recommended for my power. Personally I am sold when I get home and can take the down time.

Sorry to hear your bad luck. Lol I got taken by LMI too.

My third from second is notchy. Worse than my original trans from first to second.

DR-750 club Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) FeaRpb's Avatar
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    I wish Jacks would come to this board and talk and possibly sponsor. They are going to be my shop of choice for my transmission work.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

XLR8TOR Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I talked 3 days ago to the people at Kormex about swapping out my 18 spline for a rebuilt 25 and transfer case. They quoted me $1750.

After I read this post I now have reservation about dealing with them so I am interested in a second opinion, so.

All I hear is Jack, Jack, and Jack, but, I don't know Jack or how to get in touch with Jack.

Would someone please post a link to "Jack" so I can say I finally know "Jack"?

By the way, what makes him that much better? If he is I will consider going with him first.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    www.jackstransmissions.com

And yeah, after the way Frank handled Jay and Jackie's situation I wont ever recommend anyone to take work to Kormex again.

On top of that he stalked my posts after I posted my opinion of the situation trying to find anything wrong he could to discredit me.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have yet to hear of any problems that arise from getting the transmission rebuilt at Jack's whereas I had a transmission with problems from Kormex, as does Atrosity and maaaany other people have had problems with theirs. They claim that there isn't a problem and things will "work themselves out" rather than confessing and turning out a better product. You can't beat Kormex's prices but, even living twenty minutes away from them, I would still much rather ship my transmission to Colorado to have it worked on up there.

-BOOSTTD- verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) mh3kgt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have a Kormex rebuilt tranny in my vr4 done back in 06, have a drop of trans fluid on the housing whenever I'm under there, don't think it's a huge leak, but something is still seeping. I just figured it was the xcase output shaft seal leaking or something, still could be, but I'm pretty sure it's the trans itself.

rawr. verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) Atrosity's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    So an update to my transmission when changing out the fluids bboyalan found the most shaving i have ever seen in my life in my kormex transmission. I have never seen bigger chuck then this on a magnetic plug. I don't have a picture on me but I dare someone to find a drain plug with more metal shavings then I do on my transmission. 15k miles and still running with out any grinds really but I feel like I pissed away 3 grand for this bullshit. On top of this we found a hole in my transmission where it looks like a grommet is supposed to be.

My only option now is to drive this until it breaks then ship it to Mr. Jack.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Til it breaks, Eric! Then you'll be happy again

-BOOSTTD- verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) mh3kgt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrosity View Post
    So an update to my transmission when changing out the fluids bboyalan found the most shaving i have ever seen in my life in my kormex transmission. I have never seen bigger chuck then this on a magnetic plug. I don't have a picture on me but I dare someone to find a drain plug with more metal shavings then I do on my transmission. 15k miles and still running with out any grinds really but I feel like I pissed away 3 grand for this bullshit. On top of this we found a hole in my transmission where it looks like a grommet is supposed to be.

My only option now is to drive this until it breaks then ship it to Mr. Jack.
    Haha I think you are mistaken my friend...you should have seen how much silvery goop was on my drain plug after only 1k miles with this build. I was horrified. Still no grinding tho...knock on wood

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast