Thread: Need a favor please

Need a favor please

Alright, well I have been trying for a few months to find a company that will just sell me the front coilovers from a 3000gt but no one will break up a set. So I am gonna have to buy a full set and make the rears work.

Cam someone get me a measurement from post to post on the rear mounts?
    I think I can make it fit.

That being said what is a good spring rate for a nice feel on the street and what are some brands to avoid?

Also does anyone have an input on this style of 'coilover'
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DNA-D...Q5fAccessories

not trying to be cheap, believe me if they made one for my car I would buy it, but if I am gonna have to modify to fit these would be a good thing to look into if they are not gimmicky junk
    Last edited by 92EuroDiamante; 11-17-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I can't help you out really, besides warning you about how terrible those "coilovers" are
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Haha I figured they were junk but thought I would ask.
    I remember seeing a coilover kit for my car years ago. It was almost 2k which seemed like a fortune to spend on a car then, cant find them now haha.

After a few hours of final research I have to decide between D2s and Megans. Any suggestions?
    Also, if I decide to keep my rear air suspension I will have some brand new rear coilovers if anyone needs them

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    I think they're pretty much the same, so just pick whichever you like.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I know someone here in aus who's fitted GTO coilovers to the back of his magna (same shape as our diamantes) but he needed a spacer plate for the top to get the top hat angles right. Even the rear diamante struts are almost identical to magna struts, so if he made GTO ones work in a magna, making GTO ones work in a diamante will be, or should be straight forward.

Good luck dude, but i dont think it'll be too hard TBH!

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 92EuroDiamante View Post
    After a few hours of final research I have to decide between D2s and Megans. Any suggestions?
    Also, if I decide to keep my rear air suspension I will have some brand new rear coilovers if anyone needs them
    Hands down, go with the Megans.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Quote Originally Posted by TUFFTR View Post
    I know someone here in aus who's fitted GTO coilovers to the back of his magna (same shape as our diamantes) but he needed a spacer plate for the top to get the top hat angles right. Even the rear diamante struts are almost identical to magna struts, so if he made GTO ones work in a magna, making GTO ones work in a diamante will be, or should be straight forward.

Good luck dude, but i dont think it'll be too hard TBH!
    Haha, I have been waiting for over a year on some parts from australia. The guy has been giving me EVERY excuse in the book, however he is the only one that has the part so Im stuck with dealing with it. Anyone over there need some very very low mileage (under 10k) ECS parts? If I get half of what I paid for the replacement parts these Megans will be free and then some haha.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    Hands down, go with the Megans.
    That was my initial reaction. I have used megan headers for some other cars I have owned or worked on and have been very pleased. Though a coilover has alot more moving parts than a header but lets just hope they kept the same attention to detail and craftmanship

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I've had the Megan coilovers on my car for 3 1/2 years of daily driver duty. They have around 40k miles on them now.

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 92EuroDiamante View Post
    Haha, I have been waiting for over a year on some parts from australia. The guy has been giving me EVERY excuse in the book, however he is the only one that has the part so Im stuck with dealing with it. Anyone over there need some very very low mileage (under 10k) ECS parts? If I get half of what I paid for the replacement parts these Megans will be free and then some haha.
    Who are you dealing with? an ebay seller or a shop? cus only ppl I can think of that sell magna/diamante parts would be RPW.