Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does my car hold less than a gallon of coolant?

Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    Uh... that may not be a very good thing to recommend to people
    Do you really know how long it takes to go from a cold engine to a hot engine with 0 water? I wouldn't recommend it to people that don't know what they are doing and aren't using common sense.

Does everyone on the internet take everything literally with no common sense?

Come on, don't be stupid. If they are dumb enough to let it overheat while doing this, then they are idiots and shouldn't be doing the work in the first place. Natural selection.

Do you really think the engine is going to over heat with no water in it for 15s from a cold start? Thats about all the time it takes for the pump to finish what it can. What is left in there is left in there. The only way to get ALL of the water out is to flush it with distilled, then put a vacuum on the system for a while. Does that answer satisfy you?

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal Feedback Score 8 (100%) Emilie@GZP's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blindmist View Post
    Do you really know how long it takes to go from a cold engine to a hot engine with 0 water? I wouldn't recommend it to people that don't know what they are doing and aren't using common sense.

Does everyone on the internet take everything literally with no common sense?

Come on, don't be stupid. If they are dumb enough to let it overheat while doing this, then they are idiots and shouldn't be doing the work in the first place. Natural selection.

Do you really think the engine is going to over heat with no water in it for 15s from a cold start? Thats about all the time it takes for the pump to finish what it can. What is left in there is left in there. The only way to get ALL of the water out is to flush it with distilled, then put a vacuum on the system for a while. Does that answer satisfy you?
    Someones got their panties in a bunch.

It's still a bad idea to recommend to people to run their car without coolant. Besides, that's not the proper way to flush the system anyway.

Get your attitude in check dude.
    Circa 2005... Oh my, how far I've come
    gear wrenches = wrench with the spinny thing inside of the circle part?
    Current:
    2004 ML500 - Mommy Mobile
    1996 Ram 2500 V10 - Tow Vehicle
    1991 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo - Pink Parts, Billet GZP 747's
    1995 3000GT VR-4 - lawn gnome
    1999 3000GT SL - 7,436 miles
    1995 3000GT Spyder - garage ornament

FOR SALE:
    1995 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Red, 80k miles

Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Someones got their panties in a bunch.

It's still a bad idea to recommend to people to run their car without coolant. Besides, that's not the proper way to flush the system anyway.

Get your attitude in check dude.
    Im sorry, but I just cannot stand people that make comments such as, I wouldn't recommend suggesting that, yet you give no answer otherwise. I also cant stand people that don't use common sense.

So, are you going to tell someone that has an air-cooled engine to not run it without coolant? I already stated how to properly flush a system, but most people don't have a vacuum pump.

Help people first, then make comments. You haven't helped any where in this thread. I only have my panties in a bunch when I read about 80% of your posts and they are either 1. wrong, or 2. have no good information in them. 3. you act like you have supplied good information after not supplying any at all and then tell someone they have their panties in a wad when they defend themselves.

even Stealthee does a better job and i criticize him for his closed minded-ness all the time.

Ill get my attitude in check when you start to help. *Thanked 2 times in 2 posts*

Owner Since

Thanks
    Congratulations for being thanked, your still being an ass, and there's no reason for it. Drop the "I'm better than you because I gave advice". You gave BAD advice, and I pointed that out, nothing against you personally. It's just that not everyone is mechanically savvy enough to realize the damage that can be caused by running an engine with no coolant in it.

Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Congratulations for being thanked, your still being an ass, and there's no reason for it. Drop the "I'm better than you because I gave advice". You gave BAD advice, and I pointed that out, nothing against you personally. It's just that not everyone is mechanically savvy enough to realize the damage that can be caused by running an engine with no coolant in it.
    Here, let me tell you.

If the block is cold, you can run it for 15s to pump your coolant out without damaging the engine. Tell me I am wrong. I am being an ass because you are saying it is bad advice, when in fact it isnt. So stop telling people that its bad advice when it could help them. You are only causing a hindrance. I hate hindrances, and I will be an ass. I would be less likely to be an ass to you if you had maybe actually tried to help, which you still havent. So, yes, I will have my I am better attitude because its obvious, I help. Just don't reply, that would be your best option, to every post.
    Last edited by blindmist; 11-19-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm not the only person that thought you gave bad advice. Why don't you go hump Austin's leg about his post also. It's just not smart advice to give to someone. It doesn't really matter that YOU understand how long an engine can safely run without coolant. MOST people won't. And they will MOST LIKELY leave the car running for a bit to make sure all the coolant is out... not thinking that it may cause overheating, etc and that they should keep a close eye on their temp gauge.

So yes, it is BAD ADVICE, and I noted my OPINION on your advice.

Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    I'm not the only person that thought you gave bad advice. Why don't you go hump Austin's leg about his post also. It's just not smart advice to give to someone. It doesn't really matter that YOU understand how long an engine can safely run without coolant. MOST people won't. And they will MOST LIKELY leave the car running for a bit to make sure all the coolant is out... not thinking that it may cause overheating, etc and that they should keep a close eye on their temp gauge.

So yes, it is BAD ADVICE, and I noted my OPINION on your advice.
    1. I have seen where Austin helps people. I haven't seen that with you. Nice try to get out of that one.

2. Only if you take it w/o common sense is it bad advice, fuck the rest. You shouldn't care because you make money off of peoples mistakes right? Not to mention the fact that you could probably still run it a full minute after it has dumped all the water before it would get too hot. So if they leave running longer than a minute after no water is coming out, I question their common sense.

3. You are still failing to help.

I am done repeating myself. Your OPINION is worthless to me when you can't help. Hell, it's probably lack of common sense.
    Last edited by blindmist; 11-19-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blindmist View Post
    1. I have seen where Austin helps people. I haven't seen that with you. Nice try to get out of that one.

2. Only if you take it w/o common sense is it bad advice, fuck the rest. You shouldn't care because you make money off of peoples mistakes right? Not to mention the fact that you could probably still run it a full minute after it has dumped all the water before it would get too hot. So if they leave running longer than a minute after no water is coming out, I question their common sense.

3. You are still failing to help.

I am done repeating myself. Your OPINION is worthless to me when you can't help. Hell, it's probably lack of common sense.
    That is what I spend all day helping people NOT do.

So, Austin can disagree with you, because he's helpful, but I can't because I don't post enough to meet your "criteria"?

Good luck, bro.

Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    That is what I spend all day helping people NOT do.

So, Austin can disagree with you, because he's helpful, but I can't because I don't post enough to meet your "criteria"?

Good luck, bro.
    No, I just wont let you use Austin as a scape goat. Austin doesn't bother me because he actually helps people, if he wants to disagree with me then fine. You are right, I will let Austin get by because he is a helpful person. I have respect for that. I would still defend myself against him by explaining it the exact same way that I have, you just don't seem to understand.

Good luck on defending yourself on other peoples merits and not your own. I really can't stand people that cannot stand up for themselves. Thanks for the good laugh today. And trust me, I am not your "bro". That's insulting to my real brothers.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Ok, Bro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast