Finally ran into an issue with the dog that just has me stumped. In the last week one of my dogs has become super aggressive towards me "the handler". Two attacks in a week is a bit overboard. While I manage to take him down we each do some damage, but this is really not normal for him. I've identified the trigger as the wife. The first time we were play fighting and luckily my elbow met his teeth, while I was able to wrap around him with the other arm. Talking about like trying to catch a flailing shark with teeth bristling everywhere. The second time I was making my other dog lay because he was playing to rough, walk around the corner and the wife and dog where there and instantly attack mode. We made I contact and saw he was getting ready to lunge, so I guess we both lunged at the same time. He gets one good bite in, but once again I had him by the neck so he couldn't bite. Anyways, something has just gotten into him in the last week, like night and day.

He is a husky/wolf hybrid at about 70-80lbs. He has normally been the dominant dog when around other dogs. We have two other dogs, Alaskan Malamute and Eastern Red Wolf. Their temperments are excellent, never aggressive with people, will not even mouth someone when playing rough. The Malamute is somewhat food aggressive, but only with other dogs, she will let people do as they please. The wolf is not aggressive towards dogs or people, he is usually very shy at first, but not fearful. The husky is very food aggressive, but will submit to verbal commands to leave his food. He growls, but he will back away when told. He is usually not aggressive to people, more so men if at all, though its only if they approach in a menacing way towards the wife. Seems to be the common theme as he is very visibly protective over her which is a good thing and bad thing all in one I guess.

I've had dogs of various breeds for over 20 years now and 3 wolves or hybrids to date, but none that have been a pain like the husky hybrid. He is an indoor dog, and we do our best to train him. He listens well to most common commands. Come, Sit, Stay, Go Away, Shake, High Five, etc. After a lot of effort he walks and runs well on leash, and off leash I use an electronic collar, which I rarely ever have to use at all. Toys he plays with come from me and get taken away by me most of the time. He eats last, after all the people eat, and now that he is being aggressive he eats after the other dogs have eaten. He has a corner that he lays in a stays until told to get up and eat. So I think we have the dominance thing down so he doesn't think he is the pack leader as far as that goes. The only negative thing is we let him sleep in the bedroom on the floor, but I'm thinking that I'm going to crate him in the garage out of the area where the handlers/pack leaders sleep.

Anyways, looking for some professional training tips from anyone that might have experiance in this area. He almost jumped me again today when I was hugging the wife, but fortunately he is wearing the electronic collar a lot more now, and is rewarded by a shock when he shows aggression. I really hate having to use it in that manner outside of specific training sessions, but he has become outright dangerous towards me in the last few days.