Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Body color headlights on 1G RT/TT

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    It looks good in white. But in any other colors I don't really think so.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That's probably the route I'll take as well. I can 'paint the headlights and snak eyes another time.

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    Stock. It's a trademark of the 1G R/T. I liken it to a throwback to the old mopars with shaker hoods and what not that were flat black. Phil's car that you used as the stock color example is just flat out sweet.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

Looks fine being black... painted ones just don't look quite right for some reason. Whether its the whole ES thing I'm not sure. Either way I think the stock black makes a nice contrast with the black roof.

Forum User verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    That I do agree with. The cars with black roofs or any with a sunroof I think it has to have black lights otherwise it looks out of place. I'm going to add a stock sunroof on my car this winter and will be moving to black headlights and markers.

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    The problem with them being body color is it gets way too busy. Look at one with body color, the snake lens and side markers really stand out. Then you have the lines created by each, plus the lines created by the whole side/snake plastic enclosure. Versus a stock black which gives the look of one piece. Basically, with it all painted body color, the headlight area inadvertently takes on the "euro look" IMO.

My favorite combo is 1G R/T front, 2G R/T sides & rear with a 96 spoiler. I never made it to the sides on my car, but I still thought it looked pretty hot.

Jeremy

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteR/T View Post
    Looks fine being black... painted ones just don't look quite right for some reason. Whether its the whole ES thing I'm not sure. Either way I think the stock black makes a nice contrast with the black roof.
    This is exactly why I started this thread. Painted Snake eyes and headlights don't look quite right either. I had planned to paint the roof body color as well.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    The problem with them being body color is it gets way too busy. Look at one with body color, the snake lens and side markers really stand out. Then you have the lines created by each, plus the lines created by the whole side/snake plastic enclosure. Versus a stock black which gives the look of one piece. Basically, with it all painted body color, the headlight area inadvertently takes on the "euro look" IMO.

My favorite combo is 1G R/T front, 2G R/T sides & rear with a 96 spoiler. I never made it to the sides on my car, but I still thought it looked pretty hot.

Jeremy
    Only thing I don't like about the 1G stuff, is it loks pretty dated. The 2G stuff looks much more modern and the 2G Stealth rear bumper is probably the best 3S rear bumper

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    2G R/T is definitely the best looking rear, and probably the most functional at that. I like everything about the 2G's except the headlights. In robo form they look really cool, but otherwise they look too kiddo to me(like they were all clear and someone taped off two circles, again the euro look that I don't care for).

Jeremy

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Never did like the 2g headlights much on either 3K or Stealth. I do like the 99s however, for whatever reason Considered doing a 99 conversion, but thought it would be tacky since I already have a 99, plus I'd lose the snake eyes