Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love My Car! 10.96@127.32 With a 1.440 60' On Stock Turbos. Thanks To STM.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks

I Love My Car! 10.96@127.32 With a 1.440 60' On Stock Turbos. Thanks To STM.

First off i want to say thanks to everyone at STM, i have learned so much in my time here and without them my car just wouldnt be where it is plain and simple.

So here is a small part of why i love my car so much, this week is a prime example. Last week we decided to come to Ohio on thursday the 4th. So 7am we all meet at the shop, and head out, its a rainy day so were not even sure yet if the track will be open but we go anyways. About halfway there we find out the track is gonna be closed because of rain, so we turn around and head back. This was about a 300 mile journey.

Next day we check the weather and make plans to leave Saturday night and go to Ohio again to race that Sunday. So we leave the shop at 11 get to the hotel and get a few hours of rest, its about 250 miles to the track, plus the day in betwwen i drove my car to work so by this time im already racking up the miles. Its a cool day Sunday and we get some good passes with the other cars we brought early in the day. Then its my turn to go. First pass i launch the car, breaks up a little so i let out and get into it in second again just to feel out the car, when i get back i realize i never started the log to see what happened. The second and third pass went the same, and after checking the logs we realize the car has no fuel in boost, its running 15.0:1. So we call it a day, spend the night at the hotel and come back home the next day.

Well of course we had to go back again, so we make plans to do a track rental today the 11th. Rewired my fuel pump and tossed it on the dyno last night to make sure we were set, and got all ready to go. So early this morning we leave and had no idea what was in store. It was a perfect day here in Ohio, sunny to warm up the track, but still nice cool air for the little snails. We ran our customer Chris Cessna's stock block Evo most of the day, getting it to an amazing 9.76@150, which is .02 away from the stock block record, and is the MPH record by far.

Now its my turn, so i get the car all ready, slicks are on, everything is ready, or so i thought. First pass down the track, same problem! Crap, i go down again this time not launching it just going though 2nd and 3rd to log it and it runs good, so we decided it was just a little to low on gas, so i fill it up to half tank to be safe. Next pass, i pull a 1.48 60' and run a 10.98@127, and dam near shat my pants when i heard the MPH. So i go right back up for another pass, pull a 1.49 60' and then missed second, crap oh well, still had time to sneak in one more run. Back to the line i do my first ever burnout, and boy did it work out well. Final pass of the day broke my old record with a 1.44 60' running a 10.96@127.32mph.

There is a mix up on the one slip it says i am car number 27, but i was really car 15 the whole day.

This was really the icing on the cake for my week. I drove the car to ohio 3 times, putting 1300+ miles on the car, and im not even back home yet. The car made 8-9 solid launches 3 of which were 1.4x's on a stock unbraced 5sp transfer case. The car trapped 127mph on the stock 9b turbos which is just mind blowing. To top it all off the car is still in one piece and i will be driving it home tomorrow, and that pretty much says it all. I really couldnt ask for anything more out of the car.

I will have pics and videos up soon, as well as the latest dyno graph and numbers.

-Austin@STM

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Man that is impressive. Great times, man. I only saw the title of your other thread, but what snails are going in there next? I'm anxious to see the outcome. Very awesome.

....and hey, off topic, but are you guys doing any black friday sales?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MADMarc View Post
    Man that is impressive. Great times, man. I only saw the title of your other thread, but what snails are going in there next? I'm anxious to see the outcome. Very awesome.

....and hey, off topic, but are you guys doing any black friday sales?
    Yup, not sure what yet, but we love sales and there will be something for sure.

As for what turbo is next, i will be running a single PTE 6765.

seize the carpe!
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Congrats Austin, Goes to show quality makes all the difference.

One fix at a time verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think all the weight reduction is helping save your transfercase for now.
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

Woot! supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Amazing. I bet its awesome to be able to say your on stock turbos.
    Keep up the great work.
    -John
    1995 Dodge Stealth R/T TT, Dark Green ext, Dark Int, 1 of 20 available to the US.
    Mods: E3 16G turbos, FMIC 3" in/out, Spec Stage 3 clutch, RPS Billet Aluminum Flywheel, test pipe, MSD 8.5mm SC Wires, 3rd Gen lifters, EGR Delete, 3SX EGR Block off plates, FAIV Block off plate, Blitz DD BOV, Hotwire Walbro 255 Fuel pump, Map ECU, Dual Pillar pod w/ AEM Wideband and AEM Tru Boost, Halo Hybrid Data logger, Supercar Engineering 1/2 billet aluminum Shift fork, fresh 1/2/3 friction rings, custom solid engine mounts, Ultra Slim 15" Radiator Fans, KYB Struts, 3" Straight pipe exhaust single out.
    Looks: DCC Conversion, White face glow gauges, Tein S Lowering springs.
    Sound: Infinity components up front, infinity 10" sub in back with Smokin' VR4 corner sub box, Pioneer CD/MP3 HU, Kenwood KAC-8452 AMP.

3SGTO.ORG Paid Member

Wrench Monkey Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Insane. Drive to the track, cut 1.4's all day, set records, drive home. Congrats!
    1997 3000GT VR4 - Solano Black Pearl - E85 - E316G-BIG - All the boost
    1993 3000GT VR4 - Maroon/Blacktop - Back to stock/Restoration
    1994 Stealth R/T - Primer - Parts store

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    wicked awesome! congrats on a super reliable 10 second car.

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Very very nice Austin, we need to get my car down to your weight for my build =) lol
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    Yup, not sure what yet, but we love sales and there will be something for sure.

As for what turbo is next, i will be running a single PTE 6765.
    Not sure if you started this yet, but this would be pretty cool to see you smash on for a little while.

http://www.dragzine.com/features/sem...series-turbos/

Here's their new match bot program for sizing: http://www.turbodriven.com/en/perfor.../matchbot.aspx

The tech data: http://www.turbodriven.com/en/perfor...nicalData.aspx

There's some good stuff out there Austin. Thought you might like to check some cool stuff out too.

I can't wait to see more great things come from your camp. Congrats on your run, it's always fun to smash!