Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPS Motorsports Review...

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

IPS Motorsports Review...

Well about 3 weeks ago my driver side rear caliper seized up and chewed through my rotor and pad pretty quickly. My 97 vr4 is my dd so I had no choice but to continue driving it and decided to just replace everything at once. So, after some research I contacted Jeff at IPS and he put together a brake package for me that included 4 IPS slotted rotors, Bobcat pads, brake fluid and a factory refurbished caliper for a great price. I received the product within 4 days after purchasing it. After having everything installed, so far, the brakes have been great and look badass. Communication was great and I would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks Jeff

Member verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) B-Man's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm glad you've had a good experience with them. They seem very hit or miss. I've heard stories like these, and have heard horror stories about stuff being on back orders, get send wrong parts etc. I've had both of these (good and bad) experiences with them.
    '92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - Aug. 2012 COTM

3. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Administrator Feedback Score 3 (100%) Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    We do have a buyer seller ratings forum.

Thread moved.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 JasonY's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    They are hit/miss. Im about to have an aneurysm trying to get about 8 freakin small parts from them and 6 of them are very common and should have had ~4 weeks ago.

Hopefully moving into a properly sized facility that matches the scale of their business straightens their hit/miss tendencies out.

Glad you had a good experience with them, i do like dealing with them!

Jason

Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD and a Silver 2015 F250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD
    Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's. Just say NO to FMIC's

Owner Since

Thanks
    I just ordered some header flanges, and I got them in 3 days.

I have been hearing that they are a hit/miss, too. And it's just too bad to hear this, because IPS is my favorite vendor.

Of all the major vendors, in terms of hit/miss ratio: Ray/Steve of Pampena Motorsports and Matt of DR has the best, follow by IPS and 3SX.

Owner Since

Thanks
    My bad Alan.. won't make that mistake again.

A constant work in progress. Feedback Score 0 alexw3000gt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Needed a flywheel ASAP to get my old vr4 back on the road, IPS had it to my mechanic in 3 days.

Needed brakes/rotors to get my N/A dd back on the road, IPS had them to my house in 3 days.

I've always had good experiences with them, fast shipping, good prices, and the staff seems to know what they're doing.
    1995 3000GT VR4 - pearl yellow 1 of 42 - race car!
    1992 Stealth ES - saved from the junkyard - community loaner car
    1996 3000GT base - purchased 2006 - WRECKED/PARTED
    1991 3000GT VR4 - rusty POS Edition - SOLD

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Great products but they need to work on their customer service/organizational skills.

I Called Jeff prior to closing hours last Tuesday about getting a replacement timing belt for my Vr4. He said he was real busy moving to another shop and for me to just send an email with my CC info and what I needed. Sent it right after I got off the phone with him. I called and left a message (went straight to voice mail) on Thursday asking if they had shipped my belt since it was in stock. Called again on Friday and left another message...no response. Called today and actually talked to Jeff and he seemed surprised about the whole situation. My email got sent to his junk folder, but my two voice mails went unanswered..How hard do I have to work to give them my money!!! I hate the shipping that 3SX charges and the mark up, but I'm sure I would have had the timing belt by last Thursday and My car would have be out of my dad's drive way!!! My CC has been charged, so hopefully it's in the mail.
    This wasn't my first negative experience with their customer service. Hopefully they can work to improve on it because I feel as though Jeff does try hard to give our platform the best quality parts and at reasonable prices.
    Last edited by ICPREY; 11-08-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ICPREY View Post
    Great products but they need to work on their customer service/organizational skills.

I Called Jeff prior to closing hours last Tuesday about getting a replacement timing belt for my Vr4. He said he was real busy moving to another shop and for me to just send an email with my CC info and what I needed. Sent it right after I got off the phone with him. I called and left a message (went straight to voice mail) on Thursday asking if they had shipped my belt since it was in stock. Called again on Friday and left another message...no response. Called today and actually talked to Jeff and he seemed surprised about the whole situation. My email got sent to his junk folder, but my two voice mails went unanswered..How hard do I have to work to give them my money!!! I hate the shipping that 3SX charges and the mark up, but I'm sure I would have had the timing belt by last Thursday and My car would have be out of my dad's drive way!!! My CC has been charged, so hopefully it's in the mail.
    This wasn't my first negative experience with their customer service. Hopefully they can work to improve on it because I feel as though Jeff does try hard to give our platform the best quality parts and at reasonable prices.
    Just bad bad timing.

I should have just told you we weren't taking any orders as the likelihood of things going smooth with inventory at one place that had no phones and computers while the order needed to be processed and shipped out of the other was not good. It took a few extra days than normal (Since we stock T-belts and most of the 120k parts 24/7) but my apologies for the delay,
    Jeff

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonY View Post
    They are hit/miss. Im about to have an aneurysm trying to get about 8 freakin small parts from them and 6 of them are very common and should have had ~4 weeks ago.

Hopefully moving into a properly sized facility that matches the scale of their business straightens their hit/miss tendencies out.

Glad you had a good experience with them, i do like dealing with them!

Jason
    Jason,
    Since you have been a long-time customer I appreciate the feed-back. Trying to do the level of business we have with the staffing and facility we did was border-line impossible. The move will cure everything we can cure on our end. Now, having said that, it still won't make parts show up quicker from Mitsu, or it won't mean we are going to ship out every 2 little bolts or gaskets as they arrive (Instead of shipping bulk orders out together), and it won't fix the hundreds of little things that cause parts delays that are completely out of our control but it will fix our "Internal" issues 100%.
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast