Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home security

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Amphiron's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Home security

Lately there have been a lot petty robberies in my neighborhood. We've been hit twice so far, first they broke into my girlfriends car and stole her radio and broke her dash in half. Now they've broken into the garage and stolen 2 motorcycles. Over $10,000!!!! I just finished my car and thats sitting out front now. Ugh, so I know thats next or even worse they are going to come into the house. I don't know what to do, the police won't take finger prints. I'm to the point to where I'm planing on buying a shotgun, taking a spot light and some thermal underwear and setting up base on my damn roof. I'm fed up and I really don't want to hurt anyone. I was thinking security cameras, but most thats gonna do is give the police something more to ignore. I need to catch these mother fuckers. I was thinking bear traps would be good, it's fall and there are plenty of leaves to hide them in.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Macky's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    sounds like you need active security than a regular home security system.

short of rigging your place with bear traps and claymore mines, id assume electrifying the garage doors and home windows. as far as the car, well, besides rigging it to explode if someone breaks in, i think there's really not much you can do.

'13 Evolution MR
    '12 Lancer Sportback

No sheep are safe tonight supporter Feedback Score 4 (100%) Valhallaz's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I understand arsenic in pretty much any quantity can't be tasted in whiskey. Just saying...

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Amphiron's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Maybe if I printed this out and made a sign for my front yard they would get the idea?

Member verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) blindmist's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    sounds like you need active security than a regular home security system.

short of rigging your place with bear traps and claymore mines, id assume electrifying the garage doors and home windows. as far as the car, well, besides rigging it to explode if someone breaks in, i think there's really not much you can do.
    Booby trapping your house or property is actually illegal in Texas, but they are more understanding here when you shoot a mother fucker on your property, or any other burglar you see robbing a house, even if it isn't yours. You see someone stealing a car at night? You can shoot them.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Vantage's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Get a dog and a hand/shotgun and learn how to use it. You probably wouldnt have to even shoot the perp, a shot in their general area would more than likely be enough to scare them off and them not come back. Or just shoot them and never have to worry about it again..your call.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 7 (100%) mb3000's Avatar
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    You should get a 12 gauge shotgun, load it with riot control shot (rubber bb's) and bring the pain.

The Boss Feedback Score 0 arthur92710's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mb3000 View Post
    You should get a 12 gauge shotgun, load it with riot control shot (rubber bb's) and bring the pain.
    OMG, who are you? That's what I was going to say.

Yeah, if this happened to me I this is what I would do.
    1. Get gun ^, with both real and soft ammo.
    2. Set up wireless hidden video around the house
    3. Take a week off of work, post all over facebook and tell all the neighbors that your going away for the week.
    4. G.o an electronics store and pick up a few electronics boxes. Leave them on the driveway "waiting to be picked up"
    5. Stay at home for a week. No friends, no outdoors.
    6. When those asshole show up, they will, give them hell. Try to catch them and tie them up in your basement.
    7. Up to you
    lol maybe some thing out of saw, 'suspend' them from your roof , duct tape to the street, or light pole.
    I have heard of people crapping pants in the passenger seat of our car. Tie them to the hood, head first upside down. LOL

Alternate: Do what your local PD did, get up and leave. <---- '____' move
    If you do move its ok after you followed steps 1 - 7.

I dont officialy support some of this. So, don't quote me

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Macky's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blindmist View Post
    Booby trapping your house or property is actually illegal in Texas, but they are more understanding here when you shoot a mother fucker on your property, or any other burglar you see robbing a house, even if it isn't yours. You see someone stealing a car at night? You can shoot them.
    heck that sounds like a plan to me

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Howd they get into your garage? I have a friend that used to live in South Africa, they put big ass fish hooks along the door frame so when the bastards try getting in they get hooked .

Bear traps sound good . Definitely get some wireless cameras. They are pretty cheap for infrared ones.

I would sure as hell be shooting them with a tazzer, rubber bullets, or real ones . If it was my house I would probably have a 12 gauge loaded with bird shot. They wouldnt die if you aim low and Im pretty sure its legal around here to shoot them .

Check your state laws as to what you can do to robbers/trespassers. If you are allowed to shoot, I sure as hell would .

I hope you have everything insured......What a load of crap those officers are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast