Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shifter Carts!

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Not really lean to the outside, just shift your weight there. You can physically push the kart with your butt. It's hard to explain, but relatively easy to do. Just mess around with it and have fun.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I raced some speedway karts a few times this summer. Yamaha kt100 2-strokes. We hit about 45-50mph on the track we race(approx 1/8th mile clay oval). IF the track was long enough they could probably gear them to do somewhere between 80-100.

I would prefer a road course setting, but I only had to pay the entrance fee so I'm not complaining.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I find it funny racing with my mates, they go for speed I just drift as much as possible its great fun in a cart lol. You can really get them going hard sideways with a little practice.
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED

Keeping it real...
    Owner Since
    Oct. 2006

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
    Not really lean to the outside, just shift your weight there. You can physically push the kart with your butt. It's hard to explain, but relatively easy to do. Just mess around with it and have fun.
    So when is the opportune time to shift and how much % wise do i want to shift to the outside? Just picking your brain here.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Do eet like this!!

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    lol drifting. Drifting karts is fun! All of my local karts aren't really geared well enough to drift on anything but the tiny hairpins

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerX3 View Post
    So when is the opportune time to shift and how much % wise do i want to shift to the outside? Just picking your brain here.
    Really depends on the powerband and gearing combo. You'd have to ask someone there, or tail someone experienced and shift a teensy bit after they do (you're behind them, so naturally they'd be further along the revs than you coming out of a corner). The amount of weight shift is hard to explain. You don't want too much, or too little. Too much overloads the rear tire and will make you oversteer, too little will make it axle tramp. Every kart is different, again, but I'd start with pushing 50% and see how early you can get on the gas, and if it starts oversteering, push less weight into it. If it skips, put more weight. You'll eventually get into a groove where you just get faster and faster as you figure out what works and what doesn't.