Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasik (StealthDriver)

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks

Lasik (StealthDriver)

How's it going now that it's been quite a while since you had it done?

Anyone else had it done? Input?

I'm still really wanting to get this done, tired of glasses. Just still apprehensive, my eyes are the only thing I take 100% serious.

Jeremy

Go Lobos!
    Owner Since
    1999-2009

Thanks
    Love it. Best thing Ive ever spent my money on, including my turbo. I know you don't need this because your married, but my confidence sky rocketed after the surgery and have gotten more numbers, been on more dates, and had relationships with gorgeous girls (IMO) in the last year, than in the 26 years before that. Also, I still see a bit better than 20/20 and its been over a year.

Ive have about 4-5 close friends and about 15-20 pharmacists or doctors who are acquaintances who have had it done as well and only one had a complication (it was through the army and was corrected). I'm trying to get my brother to do it now through the same surgeon. The #1 advise I can give is to check on the doctor's credentials. Reputation helps with peace of mind, but make sure he/she has completed many surgeries. Im a huge advocate and complications are so rare these days ,but it ultimately comes down to how comfortable are you with your surgeon. If you have any other question, feel free to ask. Best of luck to you

PS. I dropped the tilde (~) from my name
    Last edited by Stealthdriver; 10-29-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    1993 Stealth R/T (sold)
    1991 Stealth R/T Turbo (sold)
    1995 3000GT (sold)
    2002 911 Turbo

LW fears my posts Not Verified
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

Thanks
    An older friend of mine did this about 4-5 years ago. She's about 55 I'd say now. She was warned that over time, she'd still probably need bifocals as she aged, however as of this point she's gone this long with no complications and perfect vision. Says it was one of the best things she ever did, as she couldn't stand wearing any sort of contacts.

I plan on doing this in the next year or two, at 33, my vision/prescription hasn't changed in over 5 years now.

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    Good deal, thanks for the feedback B and Todd.

I've been wearing the same glasses for about 5 years now, they still work perfect so I *assume* my vision hasn't decreased. When I get caught up with work (yeah right) I'm going to get more serious about this. Right now, my back is probably going to dictate my future here real quick. It's getting bad and I fear surgery is advancing on me quite quickly.

Stealth - Also, seriously considering finishing my pharmacy degree. It's really been eating at me lately for some reason. Can't get it off my mind.

Jeremy

Go Lobos!
    Owner Since
    1999-2009

Thanks
    Do it! jobs are aplenty, u can work anywhere in the country, money is decent, u never take ur work home with you. what more can u ask for?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I had contacts or glasses since I was in middle school, but 3 years ago I had enough money to get the procedure done. I opted for the LASIK vs. LASEK, I also went with a place that used the Karatome blade vs. Laser incision.
    The weeks leading up to the surgery were the longest, all the tests to determine if you are a candidate for LASIK or PRK. My eyes at the time were text book for a LASIK candidate.
    The day of the surgery I was a lil nervous but it was such a nice relaxing environment.
    They put numbing drops in my eyes, and one patient after another we went into a room. It was my turn next, I didnt have my contacts or glasses on so it was all a blur. They laid me in the operating seat and put the eye speculums on my eyeylids to prevent them closing. Then I stare at a green dot and hear some noise and smell some burning, and within 10 minutes it was over. I got up and walked out and slept it off.
    Now I have bionic vision. For people who never had glasses or contact lenses, the depth of vision isnt the same as with your natural eyes. After the surgery, everything from in front of my face to miles away was in clear focus. Prob why alot of golfers get the surgery done.
    Whatever proceedure you opt for or qualify for, its better than having to mess with contacts or glasses.
    I personally could not see 6 inches in front of my face without either of the two. So I am glad I got LASIK.

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    ^Great response. That really helps put me at ease. I need to do this.

Jeremy

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    ^Great response. That really helps put me at ease. I need to do this.

Jeremy
    Me too. Oh snap, I just noticed that the place that does it here does it for interest free for 18 months!! HOW ABOUT THAT?

Chris said ninjas don't fall down.
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

Thanks
    I can haz new eyeballs?

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I want to do this as well. I wear contacts most of the time which was a huge step up from glasses IMO. But I hate that I cant sleep with them in and wake up all clear eyed.