Ok, so I just replaced my drivers side window regulator. Whoever was in here before left the regulator half unbolted (kindly left all of the screws deep within the door for me) and left it completely unconnected from the outside track (left the parts for that down there too) which most likely caused the regulator to break in the first place.

After fixing all of that the window still doesnt go up smoothly. It makes some terrible noises and has a distinct visual and audible clunk about half way. You can see it in the video, I also show how loose the window is afterwards by moving it by hand.

Tracks are lubed. It feels like the inner side is getting hung up by something, which I thought at first was the pressure pad towards the top, but after removing it and trying the window there was no difference. There also seems to be alot of play where the regulator connects to the window, though i find it impossible to tighten without bending things out of whack.

Now mind you this is 50% better than where I was before, so im somewhat happy. I just dont want the extra strain on the motor and pulley, as ill end up needing a new regulator again. If anyone needs closeups or something let me know.