Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AF Attempting to take down the NG AND 3SGTO

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks

AF Attempting to take down the NG AND 3SGTO

I posted this in another thread, but I really think as many of you as possible needs to read this...

Please forgive me for the repost. I don't get angry very easily, but I can tell you that right now my blood is seriously boiling. I don't think I've used the F word as often in the past three years as I have tonight since all of this... Anyway, here's the post from the other thread:

You guys want drama? They just gave it to you. The "gentlemen" at AutoForums submitted a claim to our web host stating that we were phishing for ID's and passwords. They want the sites shut down.

Oh, did I mention that they were targeting the NG site first and foremost, but then also went after 3sgto?! THE NG SITE!!! They're going after ME now. Not Alan, ME. What? Guilty by associaton? Give me an f(*#$*& break. Worse than pricks.

Jeff, Coop? You guys still proud to be mods over there? This is the way they behave. This came from the CTO. Want a copy of it? Here ya go:

One of your (1&1) customers has sent out a mass mail with a fake lander page, that is designed to capture our user's passwords.

The url is:
    http://3sng.org/calendar_2011/

Our logs show him collecting usernames/passwords then "testing" them against our server, then saving them. The owner of this site is not in any way affiliated with our website (3si.org) and has been harvesting/farming the passwords since last night. We have since blocked out the IP address but we would like you to take corrective action against this spammer.

Mediatemple, the user appears to be a customer of yours as well. His website is 3sgto.org, and is referenced in the spam message that he sent the users to try and farm and collect their usernames and passwords. Please take corrective TOS action against this user.

The email he sent our users is below. note the IP address of your server in the logs. This is against your terms of use. The logs of him hitting our server are also below. Please shut down this user. We've had to notify over 150 users so far to change their usernames and passwords as this information is still being harvested. Our end (blocking your ip) only prevents a test, but he is still farming/collecting on his web interface.

The "spam message" they're referring to was announcing that calendar voting is up and running. There were logs attached as well, but those are simply logs of the people who logged in to vote. We certainly don't need to publicize them. NOW what do you think of 3si?

Alan, feel free to delete if you need to. But I WILL NOT keep quiet. They're attacking me for no reason whatsoever. I'm caught in the crossfire, so to speak, and it has to stop. Guys, this is serious... If they succeed, last year's NG would be the last.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    They done goof'd.

Seriously though, they're fucking this up big time. Where is their proof? Innocent until proven guilty.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    They have NO PROOF. What we have is Nadeem admitting that he knew about it and even fixed it at one point. And I'm fairly certain (Alan, jump in here) that we can prove that the information is encrypted when it comes to us. And, of course, we can get proof that we had permission of the previous owners of the other site to put it there.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Then they have nothing to stand on, they're just pushing your buttons. It's a pain in the ass, but still, not much you can really do, unless you want to be obnoxious and file a police report, if they'd even take one, lol.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    I agree they are just pushing your buttons....There shouldnt be anything to worry about ....I think someone needs to hack their servers. >_> <_< >_>

Really hate 3si right now
    Stealth RT/TT. BOOST.

Forum User
    Owner Since
    June 2010

Thanks
    I'd go on there to see what they have to say, but their shitty ass servers never load at night.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SupraMKIII For This Useful Post:

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    OMG it is slow..... Im bitching on Loris thread

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    On a positive note, Lori can you send me sponsorship info for this years NG.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin@STM For This Useful Post:

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Sounds like entrapment to me. They made it to where he was able to run his script for him, then claim he is phishing. How fucking low.