Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I do about my used to be perfect bumper and turn signal? pics

Venom GT... I need a lotto ticket verified
    Owner Since
    March 2009

Thanks

Unhappy What should I do about my used to be perfect bumper and turn signal? pics

Well it finally happened. I take the best care of my care and always drive carefully so I dont get any curb rash or scratched on her and this shit happens. Long story short i was pulling through an intersection where there was no stop sign after backing out of a driveway about 100 feet away and bumped into a van.

More descriptive story but shortened a bit is a continuance of the above statement. back out of driveway, pulling through intersection no stop sign so i continuethrough and there is a hill on my right side. Cant see anything till the last second and there's a damn van. I stop practically instantly because my speed was less than 10 mph probably 5 but the car rocked forward bumped into the driver door of the van and then rocked back out of the van only damaging their driver door a bit with a dent. Well turns out they didn't have a stop sign either and this is my first time in the area so i had no idea. neither insurance company found us at fault because of the boroughs lack of stop signs but my company has my deductible set at 1k! first I was pissed because I still swear to this day that when I got the car i put it at 100 comp and 250 collision. either way there's nothing i can do so here i am. What would you do about this. pay 325 for a bumper cover on eBay that's in good shape or just let it go for the winter and fork out cash to have it repaired at a body shop? while replacing the turn signal by finding one on 3si or eBay.

I'm ridiculously pissed that the borough of Indiana fucking Pennsylvania wouldn't have stop signs at every intersection because this would have never happened if it did. whats worse is no one can do anything to get them to pay for it either because they can do whatever the heck they want.

Thank you for any input
    Last edited by Vince86; 10-27-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Owner Since
    March 2009

Thanks
    Fixed thanks for looking
    Last edited by Vince86; 10-27-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Part of the "Flipped Your Car Club" verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Ouch. =[

Poor car.

Get a cheapo bra for the winter, then fix 'er up!
    1992 Stealth RT/TT
    Condition: Totaled(In Process of Rebuild.)

Owner Since
    March 2009

Thanks
    I store it over the winter this is my baby she will never see the likes of snow lol

Whats worse was this was the last cruise before i parked her too... fml
    Last edited by Vince86; 10-27-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Not A DSM verified
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks
    That really sucks.

I would just put it into hibernation. During the winter I would find the turn signal and save up the money to fix it. I would call around to get an idea of prices to fix the bumper. I doubt it would be cheaper to get another bumper and have it painted than it would be to to have that one repaired.

I'm sorry to hear that man. I know how you feel. Not long after my front bumper was repainted I lowered it on to a jack stand. Good luck man.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It's not a terribly hard fix. You may want to check a few junkyards for an undamaged replacement, but if that doesn't work, just pull it off and bring it to a few places for an estimate. If you're considering fixing it yourself, I like poly-flex from evercoat for flexible parts. I have a couple rt turn signals, I'll take a look at them and let you know if they're in ok shape.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RL7 For This Useful Post:

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I am glad to see that this was all that was done. Yes it sucks but at least it is not totaled.

Oh and because no one has said it yet......... it will buff out.

Owner Since
    March 2009

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7 View Post
    It's not a terribly hard fix. You may want to check a few junkyards for an undamaged replacement, but if that doesn't work, just pull it off and bring it to a few places for an estimate. If you're considering fixing it yourself, I like poly-flex from evercoat for flexible parts. I have a couple rt turn signals, I'll take a look at them and let you know if they're in ok shape.
    Ill wait to see what you find for turn signal before i go buying one somewhere else so thanks for that bit. I plan on storing it and if i dont find a cheap replacement that's the same color and in good condition i will have a friend at work do the work. should only cost me the materials and 50 for labor instead of paint whatever ridiculous amount many places charge. chances are if i find a good cover anywhere it will get damaged in transit so im better off repairing mine. its not cracked anywhere just scuffed and gouged.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fnloud View Post
    I am glad to see that this was all that was done. Yes it sucks but at least it is not totaled.

Oh and because no one has said it yet......... it will buff out.
    Yeah I was very happy I noticed the van at the last second otherwise I would have been T-boned. I have a few things I want done over the winter anyway to have her ready for some better drag strips next season and possible the NG if military service doesn't get in the way for the 3rd time.

And honestly most of the scuffs do come off when rubbed, its a lot of the paint from the van peeling off but the gouges must be filled and leveled .

thanks for everyone's suggestions and your sympathy/empathy with my situation. I will just spend less on mods and guns and fix this instead.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Finally dug out the turn signals, they're actually in pretty good shape, probably better than the set I put on my car. I'd rather sell both, but if you just want one, I could probably do that. Just send me a pm or something if you're interested.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    January 2001

Thanks
    How long has your deductible been $1000? Seems awfully high. You should be able to check your contract (or renewals)...
    Hey, when you turn your car on, does it return the favor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaels_RT
    The NA isnt a pain in the ass. Good car actually. TT...not so much...but a LOT more fun to drive.