to make a long story short i was out today playing around with the boost controller and by 14psi the car was really starting to come alive. i had just turned it up to 15psi when i began a 3rd gear highway pull. around 4500-5000rpm i heard a BANG and for a split second i thought i had blown an ic pipe again. but right as i heard the bang it felt like i was spraying nos, i was almost instantly at redline in 3rd. i glanced at my afr gauge and saw 10.9-11.2 and my HKS EVC read a peak of 21.6psi. no knock on the datalogger. i thought that maybe one of the wastegate vac lines had come off but everything is still on and tight.

but now i am boosting very early. normally if im in 3rd at 2000rpm and floor it ill see a few psi but i never get to 12-15psi until 2700-3000rpm. for some reason im suddenly seeing small amounts of boost by 14-1500 rpm and 20+ by 2000rpm. my boost controller can sometimes keep it to 15, but every few pulls it just over boost’s like crazy and i see 20+psi.

what can cause me to spool up so fast?
and does anyone know how i can steady my boost with the HKS EVC? i reduced my gain to 60% so that i should under boost, but im still over boosting. anyone got any ideas?