Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: '22 Subaru BRZ

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My videos from NJ Pro. I coned away ~4 tenths on the right, but my left was pretty darn good. Really really liking the car!

Left side:

Right side:

Evan's fast runs, he never felt as comfortable as last weekend and also coned away some time:

Left side:

Right side:

R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Amy's fast runs, left side data is broken somehow but whatever. She killed it this weekend pulling off 3rd in L3 and 3rd in the Ladies Challenge. Meshing with the car well and learning how to be aggressive with all of the mountains of torque versus our RX-8 last year! Amy found ~5 tenths each side during the challenges too, really proud of her!

Left side:

Right side:

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Wow.

She HAS gotten more aggressive.

Did you piss her off?
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Wow.

She HAS gotten more aggressive.

Did you piss her off?
    I don't think so! haha

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I swapped from the Perrin 2.5" catback to the CSG Touring 86 catback... It's effectively OEM+ inside the car and not very loud outside the car either.

I have a JDL UEL and ISR Overpipe, stock frontpipe. The drone with the Perrin catback between 2-3k RPM was getting old quickly, not sure why it's so bad on a 2nd gen with UEL. Local friend has it with an EL header and it's drone free, so YMMV.

The CSG Touring 86 is damn near silent inside the car, may as well be OEM+ with zero drone and not much noise. It's getting a little louder after ~100 miles but I doubt it will ever get loud. Outside the car, on video anyway, it's not as deep of a sound as the Perrin but it's also less raspy and more "wooshy"

The CSG installs a little easier than the Perrin because you can set the tip depth easily, but the exhaust clamps were installed "backwards" meaning the bolt was on the wrong side of the exhaust for maximum clearance on installation. Kinda dumb but whatever, easy to fix. I also wish the CSG was 304 stainless, big bummer that it's not.

Prior setup with the Perrin catback:

New setup with the CSG catback (will update when I get some miles on it like the Perrin):

Anybody want to buy a Perrin catback? haha

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    First event in a month!

Philly SCCA/WDCR SCCA autocross at Ripken stadium in Aberdeen. I took home 2nd in STR with Amy in 5th. Neither of us were super happy with our driving with both of us hitting a lot of cones, Amy never got a clean run

My fastest with a questionable cone call (nobody knows where I hit the cone and the car ahead of me on course was hitting lots of cones):

Amy's fastest:

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Philly SCCA had another event this weekend, it was ridiculously hot and humid and we probably used four gallons of water spraying our tires to keep them cool! Really fun course and it was a lot of fun to work with Amy and see her improving as a driver! I pulled off first in PAX with a really close battle with an STR class ND Miata. 15 thousandths! Amy ended up finishing a really close 5th in STR, she's clearly getting comfortable with the added pace this year and she's crushing it.

Here's my fastest run:

Here's Amy's fastest run:

Here's a side by side between the STR ND and myself:

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Philly had an event a couple of weeks ago. Here's my fastest run, good for 2nd in PAX right behind Kevin Donovan for his first PAX win! He was always super fast when I codrove his CRX so I was super happy for him taking the win:

Amy's fastest, an early run and she found a ton of time later in the day but it just never worked out with a full run. Still really good!

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Toledo ProSolo! Super fun, even with the wrong car for STR. 500 pounds more weight than the ND Miata on the same tire is going to be hard to make up for. We whiffed on setup big time on day one, big thanks to Jon Lugod at Shaftworks USA for an all new setup to try on Sunday. The car was magical.

Weather all weekend was whacky. The entire morning session on Saturday was thrown out with thunderstorms, so we ran 6 runs in the afternoon instead of four. That meant no time to test anything really and Amy got stuck in drying conditions both days since of course it rained again overnight into Sunday.

Amy drove extremely well, just had bad luck getting away from the tree because of the changing conditions of the start line.

Here's Amy's fastest left, unfortunately the line dried up and she red lit :

Here's Amy's fastest right, tagged a cone somewhere:

Here's my fastest left side run, not much left on the table for me:

Here's my fastest right side run which was the first run on the fixed setup so I was feeling it out, I tagged a cone and got in the marbles badly on my second right side run and threw that away. Oh well!

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    A couple of weeks ago, I got to drive one of the fastest DSP class cars in the country, an RX-8 on gigantic Hoosiers! Lots of fun and we worked on setup stuff all day, then it rained, then I got a dry run, then we ran out of gas so I missed out on a couple of runs to try and clean up my cones.

Here's Tamra's fastest run (car owner and prior national champion in the car):

Here's my fastest run (+2 cones somewhere?):

This past Sunday I was back into the BRZ with my prior codriver Jon! We also worked on setup a little bit and really dialed it in. I pulled off 4th in PAX with Jon in 10th. Jon struggled a bit with the 1-2 shift upsetting the car so he short shifted this run, if he had just shifted normally he'd have at least tied me because he absolutely killed it in the slaloms!

Jon's fastest run:

My fastest run: