Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The official crazy news thread

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks

Post The official crazy news thread

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/c...-1225942045322

A STOWAWAY crocodile on a flight escaped from its carrier bag and sparked an onboard stampede that caused the flight to crash, killing 19 passengers and crew.

The croc had been hidden in a passenger's sports bag - allegedly with plans to sell it - but it tore loose and ran amok, sparking panic.

A stampede of terrified passengers caused the small aircraft to lose balance and tip over in mid-air during an internal flight in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The unbalanced load caused the aircraft, on a routine flight from the capital, Kinshasa, to the regional airport at Bandundu, to go into a spin and crash into a house.

A lone survivor from the Let 410 plane told the astonishing tale to investigators.

Ironically the crocodile also survived the crash but was later killed with a machete by rescuers sifting through the wreckage.

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/1...mummified_body

COSTA MESA, Calif. - A California woman who befriended a homeless woman and let her sleep in her car told police she didn't know where to turn when the woman unexpectedly died — so she drove the body around for months along with a box of baking soda to hide the smell, authorities said Thursday.

Officers with the Costa Mesa police found the unidentified body Monday after getting a call about a car partially blocking a driveway, Sgt. Ed Everett told The Associated Press. When officers arrived, they noticed a stench and saw a leg poking out from a blanket and some clothes, he said.

The partially mummified remains consisted of mostly skin and bones and weighed about 30 pounds, he said.

An autopsy showed no signs of foul play but police are still investigating the role of the car's driver.

The woman driving the car told police she met a homeless woman in a park in nearby Fountain Valley and told her she could sleep in her car, Everett said. But when the woman died in her car 10 months ago, she was afraid to go to the police, he said.

The woman who drives the car, a 57-year-old who herself had fallen on hard times and was living with friends, told officers she had last seen the woman alive in December. It wasn't clear when she discovered the body in the car, he said.

"She felt she would be accused of something and with everything going on in her life, she didn't want to deal with that," Everett said.

Police also found a box of baking soda in the car, which the driver had used to try to cover up the smell, Everett said.

The dead woman is believed to be in her 50s or 60s, with a first name of Signe.

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Keep them coming you damn Hillbilly =P

These stories are kind of hard to believe lol.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    LOL, I'm trolling for more right now!

I know the stories are really out there, that's why I linked the sources.

Jeremy
    Last edited by HilbillyHomeboy; 10-22-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...ping-on-infant

MUNCIE, Ind. (WISH) - A Muncie teenager is facing serious charges after admitting to stomping on an 8-week-old baby girl’s leg because he was angry.

Police were called to Ball Memorial Hospital after the infant was brought there with a broken leg and a black and blue eye.

The infant’s mother told police her boyfriend Ethan Ogden was watching the baby at their home on Pinewood Avenue in Muncie.

Ogden told her the baby was injured when she fell from a bouncy seat.

Officers spoke with Ogden about the incident. He initially said the baby fell out of the bouncy seat and he accidentally stepped on the baby’s leg.

He later admitted he was angry at his girlfriend because she was gone too long and stomped on the baby’s leg.
    Serial killer in the making...

Jeremy

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    http://chronicle.com/blogs/innovatio...-college/27634

Two sets of information were presented to me in the last 24 hours that have dramatically reinforced my feeling that diminishing returns have set in to investments in higher education, with increasing evidence suggesting that we are in one respect “overinvesting” in the field. First, following up on information provided by former student Douglas Himes at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), my sidekick Chris Matgouranis showed me the table reproduced below (And for more see this).

Over 317,000 waiters and waitresses have college degrees (over 8,000 of them have doctoral or professional degrees), along with over 80,000 bartenders, and over 18,000 parking lot attendants. All told, some 17,000,000 Americans with college degrees are doing jobs that the BLS says require less than the skill levels associated with a bachelor’s degree.
    I praise these people though. At least they are out there working, rather than sitting on their ass moaning and bitching that they're too good for x job.

Jeremy

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/man...dead_with.html

A milkman died when he fell face down in his dog's water bowl during an epileptic fit.

Kim Cinderby, 51, was found dead at his home in Littledean, Forest of Dean, by a neighbour, an inquest heard. Mr Cinderby, a heavy drinker, had not been taking his medication for epilepsy and collapsed.

Pathologist Dr Linmarie Ludeman told the Gloucestershire inquest: 'There were signs of drowning and he was found face down in a bowl.'

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...ping-on-infant

Serial killer in the making...

Jeremy
    I'm sure she will stay with him.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/05/us...5campaign.html

Barack Hussein Obama was elected the 44th president of the United States on Tuesday, sweeping away the last racial barrier in American politics with ease as the country chose him as its first black chief executive.

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CoopKill For This Useful Post:

|RLII Photography| Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    /thread
    1994 Mariana Blue Pearl Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
    DR-650s and supporting, PST CFDS, Volk GT-Cs, Tein Flex, among other things

Feb. 06 3SI ROTM - Best AWD BRG 07 - 3rd Place 2G 07 3/S National Gathering - People's Choice BRG 08
    BRG 2011 Total Package - NG11 Car Show 1st Place

2010 Space Gray E90 335i M-Sport 6MT - 400whp/450wtq
    2002 Jet Black E53 X5 4.4i AWD - Bavarian Workhorse