Thread: Factory Cellular Telephone Accessory

Factory Cellular Telephone Accessory

I've been working on gathering parts to install the factory cellular telephone accessory in my 93 VR4 for quite a while. Yes, there really was an official car phone accessory available for 1992-1993 3000GT/Stealth. The car is even pre-wired from the factory for a plug-n-play installation, and it integrates with the factory radio and "hands-free" controls on the steering column.

Here's a few pictures of my install so far.

NOTE: The handset is actually supposed to be under the arm rest in the center console storage, but I haven't found the mounting bracket that goes there yet. So I'm using a period-correct aftermarket mount in a popular aftermarket install location. I also like that the phone is "on display" instead of hidden under the arm rest.

800px-Cellular_Telephone_-_Handset_Alternate_Location.jpg

Close-up of the handset:
    450px-DiamondTel_Model_92_-_Handset_(front).jpg

"Hands-free" controls, microphone:
    800px-DiamondTel_Model_92_-_Hands_Free_Module.jpg

Phone transceiver and "hands-free controller unit" mounted in the trunk:
    800px-DiamondTel_Model_92_-_Transceiver_and_Hands_Free_Controller_Installed.jpg

I've documented many details and photos of the phone system on 3sWiki, including PDF scans of the owner's manual and a sales brochure for the phone, wiring/component diagrams of phone-related wiring from the factory service manual, pictures of all the factory wiring/connectors on the car related to the phone, etc.: https://www.3swiki.org/Accessory:_Cellular_Telephone

I'm still looking for some components of the phone system, so if you have any of these parts and are willing to sell, please let me know. I'm potentially interested in purchasing any/all of the components of this phone system, but most importantly, I'm looking for the "hands-free controller unit" that mounts in the trunk:

800px-DiamondTel_Model_92_-_Hands-Free_Controller_Unit_(back).jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UselessPickles For This Useful Post: