Thread: New to the 3000gt

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks

New to the 3000gt

Just got son a 96 3000gt base model automatic trans. Tried to use the search area on here but didnt want to work for me. What im needing is a way to program a new key lock and key to our car. Previous owner lost key and tried to start car with screw driver....also my son is wanting to do lots of updates in years to come on the car. Some include new cams, heads,stroker kit for engine, bigger injectors...ect. I know if he does all this that some things like timing and fuel/air will need changed from stock. I didnt know if i purchase a mut iii tool from online thay comes from overseas if that allows me to do all that we may have to do. If not can someone maybe shoot me in the right direction

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    On the lock situation see if you can find someone parting a car out with a good ignition and lock set. No programming needed, swap them out.

If your son wants more power the best to do it is to TT swap. You'll have 5 times the money in getting a NA build to be still slower than a TT swapped car. The MUT III is just a scan tool. It is not a programmer. If you want a programmer/programmable ECU it is going to require at least getting a Chrome ECU. You could do a piggy back too, but those are considered "old school" at this point.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

These car's don't need a key "programmed". There are FOBs for keyless entry, to program those, you need to remove a plastic panel (located near the driver's rear speaker area). This is a pain because it's a large plastic panel. Once removed you will find the FOB computer with a switch for programming/learning new FOB.

Also, if you want a MUT scantool at a fraction of the cost, but with an improved user interface see this link:
    https://www.3sgto.org/threads/17224-...rs-on-our-cars

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackStealth For This Useful Post: