Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're Baaaaaaaaack!!

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

We're Baaaaaaaaack!!

HEY! GUESS WHAT!! THE NG IS COMING BACK!!

Just in case you missed the informal announcement yesterday…………

After several years of missing everyone and thinking about this, Alan and I finally pulled the trigger! We’re VERY excited to announce NG22 in June, 2022!! That’s right – we’re bringing the National Gathering back for one event only! Here’s the quick ‘n’ dirty:

• The focus is on attendance – we want to get everyone back one more time
    • There will be race events (including AutoX and Road Course)
    • There will be a car show
    • Our Road Course event will be with another group to keep our costs lower
    • We’re scaling back the event to keep the costs down
    • Our main focus is the reunion aspect
    • We’re planning fun events that don’t involve the cars
    • We couldn’t care less what kind of car you bring
    • The dates and location will be entirely dependent upon other groups and availability

We need a few things from you:

• What would you consider a “fair” registration price? Registration fees are expected to include registration materials (they’ll be kept to a minimum, with everything being downloadable), insurance (everyone has to be insured for the entire event, driving or not), car show (there will be a rental fee for the location), and a banquet if we’re able to do that.
    • How many days would you like the event to be? This will, of course, effect the events we’re able to hold.
    • Would you participate in the race events in whatever car you bring?
    • What was your favorite event from years past? Please be specific if referring to an event that was held multiple times (i.e. “road course at NCM” or “go-karts at Pitt”)
    • Will you plan to attend, barring unforeseen circumstances? We know it’ll be east of the Mississippi.

That’ll do it for now! Please give us your thoughts and feedback to the questions listed above so we can plan an event that you’ll be excited about. We’re in the early stages of planning, so now is the time to be heard and make a difference. The location is out of our hands, so there’s no need to have a big discussion about that yet. We’re letting other factors dictate that and just keeping it within a reasonable distance. For now, we’re working on making contacts, planning a tentative schedule (more just a list of events), and coming up with ideas for other events.

We REALLY hope this news makes everyone happy and that you’ll all consider coming back one last time. We miss everyone so much.
    2022 National Gathering Reunion

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lori For This Useful Post:

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    HEY! GUESS WHAT!! THE NG IS COMING BACK!!

Just in case you missed the informal announcement yesterday…………

After several years of missing everyone and thinking about this, Alan and I finally pulled the trigger! We’re VERY excited to announce NG22 in June, 2022!! That’s right – we’re bringing the National Gathering back for one event only! Here’s the quick ‘n’ dirty:

•The focus is on attendance – we want to get everyone back one more time
    •There will be race events (including AutoX and Road Course)
    •There will be a car show
    •Our Road Course event will be with another group to keep our costs lower
    •We’re scaling back the event to keep the costs down
    •Our main focus is the reunion aspect
    •We’re planning fun events that don’t involve the cars
    •We couldn’t care less what kind of car you bring
    •The dates and location will be entirely dependent upon other groups and availability

We need a few things from you:

•What would you consider a “fair” registration price? Registration fees are expected to include registration materials (they’ll be kept to a minimum, with everything being downloadable), insurance (everyone has to be insured for the entire event, driving or not), car show (there will be a rental fee for the location), and a banquet if we’re able to do that.
    •How many days would you like the event to be? This will, of course, effect the events we’re able to hold.
    •Would you participate in the race events in whatever car you bring?
    •What was your favorite event from years past? Please be specific if referring to an event that was held multiple times (i.e. “road course at NCM” or “go-karts at Pitt”)
    •Will you plan to attend, barring unforeseen circumstances? We know it’ll be east of the Mississippi.

That’ll do it for now! Please give us your thoughts and feedback to the questions listed above so we can plan an event that you’ll be excited about. We’re in the early stages of planning, so now is the time to be heard and make a difference. The location is out of our hands, so there’s no need to have a big discussion about that yet. We’re letting other factors dictate that and just keeping it within a reasonable distance. For now, we’re working on making contacts, planning a tentative schedule (more just a list of events), and coming up with ideas for other events.

We REALLY hope this news makes everyone happy and that you’ll all consider coming back one last time. We miss everyone so much.
    We will be there and racing. Glad to see this

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Rvengeperformance View Post
    We will be there and racing. Glad to see this

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Chris! We're very happy to be announcing it. It was a long time coming, and a lot of consideration went into it before I jumped back in.

Monogamous Gigolo verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) 2fnloud's Avatar
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Already looking forward to this. Would be awesome to link up with 10/10ths at MCM, they do the whole track. But bottom line, I will be greatful to have an event to attend.

Member verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) B-Man's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I don't think you guys could pick a bad place. I'd really like to go back to NCM since I wasn't able to visit the museum last time (and I'm a corvette guy). Race Pitt I believe has made more upgrades and the gokarts were a lot of fun. I think I'd do another go at Memphis. I think we've done Indy enough for my liking.
    '92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - Aug. 2012 COTM

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    I don't think you guys could pick a bad place. I'd really like to go back to NCM since I wasn't able to visit the museum last time (and I'm a corvette guy). Race Pitt I believe has made more upgrades and the gokarts were a lot of fun. I think I'd do another go at Memphis. I think we've done Indy enough for my liking.
    Actually, those would be my three favorite places. It would be great to offer the entire track at NCM. Same with Pitt, now that it's done (they were building the extension when we were there). Memphis was a blast, but further...

So there are A LOT of considerations. I know we've been judged for not doing the whole track at NCM, but we couldn't do it due to finances. That track is beyond expensive, and Alan and I ended up footing the bill for a portion of it as it was. There was absolutely no way we could afford to pay for the entire track. But if we can do it with another group, we will. We're talking with other groups now, but it's too soon to book a track for 2022.

Another consideration is that I still own a business and have other trips planned. It's impossible for me to choose something that's more than a one-day drive. And driving 14-hours home after putting on an event is never going to happen. I just can't do it.

And, of course, the financial aspect. Everyone here knows that I went through hell with my ex business partner. That created a lot of financial strain personally, so I can't make the track commitments that I used to have to make. I don't think most understand that we committed tens of thousands of dollars to these events, not knowing if anyone would show up or race to help defer the costs. We were obligated with or without racers. That's just not an option.

The biggest consideration is a central location that will attract the highest number of people. This won't be a reunion if people don't attend, right? And that's our main focus. We want a reunion. We realize there may not be a ton of people racing. A lot of people have families now and can't afford the repairs (not that our cars ever break down on the track), and some have gotten rid of their cars. So "reunion" is the name of the game. Don't worry - there will be PLENTY of other events. In fact, we're having a hard time deciding between all of the possibilities. But we'll get there....

I can't stress this enough... The way I work is that I "jump in head first." I consider things for a long time, then I finally make a decision and I just go. There's no real planning to make sure I can do it. I just make it happen. That's how I got talked into "one more year" so many years in a row at the events. I'm terrified to have a banquet at this one because I CAN'T commit to more than one, but I know me.... And unfortunately, you guys do, too.... :\

And this is no different. Alan and I talked. He definitely was interested. I've been interested and considering for months, if not a couple of years. I finally decided to do it, and rather than thinking it over any longer, I committed and announced it. NOW the planning begins.

W3SI Co-founder Feedback Score 0 SJ's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Been a long time. .

Well, has anyone suggested Columbus? Is that middle enough? Nearby is the Mid Ohio Road Course and National Trails Dragway, there is huge Auto Cross community, a great downtown, it’s near Kings Island, but for me Cedar Point is just 2 hours away. Thoughts?

2nd Place - DSM Shootout - 3/S Class ‘01
    Winner - East Coast Gathering - Road Runner Award '03
    2nd Place - Car & Driver PRO Series - GT2 Class '05
    2nd Place - Best First Gen - National's Car Show '06
    3rd Place - Best First Gen - National's Car Show '07
    Winner - Ride of the Month - August '07
    Winner - Best First Gen - National's Car Show '12
    Winner - Best Engine Bay - National's Car Show '12

Racing is life. Everything else is just waiting.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Everything is dependent upon what other groups are doing and if they'll allow us to partner with them. That's first and foremost. Second, my car HAS to be allowed to go, and it is NOT going to Columbus. My car is maize and blue, and Columbus residents are less than kind or sportsmanlike toward us. I won't even let me car stop in Ohio for a rest area unless I have someone to stand guard over it while I'm away. I could never safely park it there or anywhere nearby. And it would be really unfair to ask me to plan this event and not be able to have my car there with me. I'm sorry.

Mad JDM Tite Feedback Score 0 95gto's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    In addition to 10/10ths, another group that might be worth talking to is Binge Tokyo. They tend to hold multiple events at NCM each year, so that would provide additional options for potential dates.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 Blake.80486's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Well, if this goes forwarded we're going to do everything we can to be there with a turbo 6G75 MIVEC build.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast