Thread: Stealth retro build (all second hand parts)

Forum User
    Owner Since
    12-15-2019

Thanks

Stealth retro build (all second hand parts)

Hello everyone! I am a new owner of a 92 Stealth RT TT in galaxy white and also a new member here. Anyhow I am wanting to slightly build the car using some time correct pieces of say someone building the car in the 2000s. I dont have a large budget but I am looking to buy everything I need second hand from all of you guys and the community.

For example I am wanting to go all HKS but that not crucial. I have an old HKS evc and some other small mods but I would like to go with a HKS VPC and the GCC to go with it. I have located one but I will be needing the prom chip for the car as well. If anyone has an opinion on some other time correct parts please let me know what you have seen ran on these cars from back in the day that would still be available to get now.

I only looking to go from stock power to maybe 450hp at the most. Just like the idea of a nostalgic build like that. if anyone has any of these parts or any others or advice on them would be great!!

Thank you everyone and take care!!

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Skip the VPC, nobody really used them on 3S unlike Toyota and nissan because our MAS isn't nearly as restrictive as theirs, the entire idea of it was to replace the "trap door" style of MAS. The Apexi AFC was all the rage back then. Really nothing has changed since the 2000's besides people began to realize 15G's weren't these super laggy drag race only turbos and didn't need nitrous to spool them, lol. If you have a white first gen and want to make me nostalgic for the mid 00's you can install some DSM 14b's with adapter plates on stock manifolds, lol.