Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: C8 Corvette

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Still will have the v8 rumble. It's just with the added benefit of electric power on FWD. Kinda like that guy with the 3/s asking about adding a starter motor to power the front wheels...

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    Still will have the v8 rumble. It's just with the added benefit of electric power on FWD. Kinda like that guy with the 3/s asking about adding a starter motor to power the front wheels...
    You've gone and ruined my comment.

You cad.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks

timestamp 4:40 is where he floors it, and the sound is insanity.

Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    [...and the sound is insanity.
    I think you like it more than I do, Carlos.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Well the E-Ray goes into full production next month. But the backlog on orders for everything is giving me pause from considering the 2024 model year. And I know it makes no financial sense to buy new. I'm just worried about getting what I WANT, rather than settling for someone else's cast-offs. And then there's the fact that until supply keeps up with demand, there are going to be dealers charging 20+ thousand markup...and I'm not willing to shell out that. Even at MSRP + Tax alone...it would be a $140,000 purchase.

Gripes?
    -I'm not sold on the color options. Unless you want Black, Red, Tan or green-grey, you can't get the interior full-color to match (I was really hoping for all-white, ala tesla). If you want White/Grey seats, you get a partial white/partial black interior. Same for Blue.

-There is a transparent interior engine cover option available...but it is more expensive and looks worse than aftermarket.

-There is no transparent HTC available factory--so even with a transparent interior cover--you have to have the HTC open, or you can't see the engine

-Unsurprisingly, this also means that the convertible does not have engine bay lighting like the coupe has available

-GM hasn't seen fit to offer a rally-inspired version; shocking, considering that Lamborghini and Porsche have both done this recently (and I would gladly pay a premium for it). Ultimately that means I will probably have to put a lift kit on it and downsize the rims to the minimum size that fits--so I can put on dirt tires.

-Accelerate yellow is the only color that I'm interested in. I'd take black if I had to. But GM has gone for 4 model years now--and the color choices have been...inane at best. I was really hoping for another Radar Blue (purple) but no dice.

-The graphics offered are very tepid. (I was playing around with MS paint, and this is what I came up with--the tron stripes are not mine, they just help to identify where the creases are in the bodywork). Undecided on the graphics around the headlights, but i think i like the one on the passenger side, vs the unmodified driver's side.

Chevrolet-Corvette-3.jpg

-I want to do black-top and pillars, but the factory black pillar option doesn't match the body lines as well as what I would like.

-The Z07 wing isn't offered as an option for the E-Ray--So I'll have to aftermarket it. And i really would prefer it be on the trunk-lid and not the bumper..so I don't have to He-Man bags over it to the trunk.

-The Magnetic Ride Control is a solid option, but you can't keep the all-season tires if you get it. Call me crazy, but I want the all-seasons with the MRC. Summer tires are far more common and available than all-seasons (especially in 345's).

-There are no multi-color options for DRL outside of aftermarket.

-Tinted/subdued headlights/taillights is not factory option. And the factory tails are especially revolting without at least some blacking-out.

-Factory de-badging isn't an option. Not even an upcharge. And I really, really do not want crossed flags or a fish badge, ERAY badge, or CORVETTE lettering.

---
    Overall, I'm thinking maybe 2025 I can pull the trigger. Hopefully the Z06 backlog (from 2023) clears, and the hype over the 2025 ZR1 cools the demand for the E-Ray enough...that I can sneak in an order.

I want AWD. I want 600 HP. I want hardtop convertible. I want rally ride height and suspension travel. The fact that I can get the first 3, factory, is the only reason I'm edging closer to pushing the button.

Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Keep us informed, Carlos.

DR-750 club Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) FeaRpb's Avatar
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    I think my C8 is the only car I actually miss owning. The DCT in it alone made it highly enjoyable.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FeaRpb For This Useful Post:

IPD

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    didn't know you had one? what made you give it up?

and you can always get another. prices are liable to come down and supply go up--as the model years progress. i know i'm still holding hope that they will make some substantial changes to the options/colors.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Birds' eye 1.jpg

This is my idea. If you ever see someone doing this--I'm going to claim they stole the idea from me.

I think it makes it look more symmetric & balances it out. It also cuts up the over-busy lines on the front end. And will work without badging. Though I think that the pillars on the back should have the carbon flash extend out a bit further--to match the lines on the HTC.

Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    It helps, Carlos.

Well done.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast