Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No reverse lights. More wiring assistance needed.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMcCoy View Post
    I think the likely explanation is that the 94 stealth manual is just wrong, and they all changed at the same time... That would explain the issue, as you would have a 1g/2g mismatch. Regardless, C29 and C30 are right next to each other, I suspect you'll be able to de-pin the connectors and move the wires around to where they match up...
    Never thought about that. Thats a good idea. Much appreciated. I feel way more confident about this now and actually feel a liitle weight lifted off my chest knowing I'm not completely crazy with this thing. When I actually get back to it and get it working I'll post back and let you know.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Just to confirm your suspicions I got in the she real quick when I got home and verified that the wires for the reverse plug are indeed in C30 on the 2g harness. Now I just have to figure out the best way to make it work without causing myself too much hassle for future plans with the car...

Thanks again. I'd probably have eventually figured it out once I got a chance to continuity test things, but no way it would have been figured out this quickly without your help.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I still didn't get to make my jumper due to a host of business and other issues over last weekend but I go to minute to jump power to the red/blue wire in the body harness.

Due to the harness confusion I think my fix is going to be to depin the red/blue wire from C30 and make a jumper to put it into C29 so it connects with the red/blue coming from the switch. Then for the black/white wire I may just run my own accessory power wire into C29 just to make things easier.

It's going to be a pain regardless because there isn't much slack in the harness to get to things easily.

Thanks again.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I was able to fix the reverse light issue "correctly." What I did was depin the switch wires from C30 on the engine harness. I grabbed my extra body harness and depinned two of the correct size pins and a length of wire. I had to depin one random wire from C29 because it mated up with the signal wire going to the reverse lights. I'm not sure what it correlates to but I'll loom into it later. Anyway, I inserted my wires I had depinned into the harness in their proper spots and crimped some male spades on then inserted into the two female spades I depinned from the engine harness. Did a quick test and it worked as it should. I installed some heat shrink over the spade connections and breathed a sigh of relief.

Thanks yet again. Because of your help I was able to get this fixed and move forward. I got a lot accomplished once this was fixed. This will be easy to undo when the time for the next stage comes too.