Thread: Going from HKS SAFR to Chrome ECU

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Going from HKS SAFR to Chrome ECU

Well, after 15 years of using the HKS SAFR, looking to finally move over to Chrome. The SAFR was setup to manage 550cc injectors and just upgraded the turbos again and bumped to 720cc injectors. Car is running in the garage, but hates it when I blip the throttle and goes pig rich and dies. Adjustments on the SAFR don't seem to be assisting, so looking for some advice. The SAFR was wired a long time ago and can't seem to trace where all the connectors are. If I zero out the SAFR for now, would it be ok then to try Chrome on her?

Also, I would love some assistance. Would love to do a screenshare or Google hangout with some folks with Chrome experience while I try to get her running. Years ago we would have to do a gathering in person...now it's so easy to just conference everyone in!

Thanks!
    Marshall
    1999 VR-4

Forum User Feedback Score 0 FluffyCow's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Zeroing the safc out should work fine, though I thought the safc was an Apexi product, not hks. To set her up to idle fine, on a stock 99, all you do is input injector size and latencies into the chrome rom. There's a good guide on getting started on chrome on the "other" 3s site.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1991 Dodge Stealth ES
    - Sold
    1991 Fiji/Mystic Blue R/T TT 1 of 235(paint/R/T TT only, can't find more info, VIN is a 1 of none number)
    Sold.
    1992 silver VR-4 - 1 of 152 identical
    Show: 99 Sails, 99 rear garnish, 2nd-gen steering wheel, Pioneer Premier h/u, aftermarket speakers(Alpine type s's I think), 10 inch JL W1 sub in spnallb corner box.
    Go: 15G Turbos, FMIC, ATR DP, ACT clutch, 3-inch turbo back to dual apexi N1 mufflers, no cats, HKS SSQV3 BOV(black), PWR rad, Ksport coilovers, 3sx rear adj. control arms, ChromedECU, ECU Boost control, rebuilt TB, Cianci gauge pod w/ Defi D-series(Boost, EGT, oil pres), 93 shifter.
    Soon: 550cc injectors, ChromeTune, boosties!

1987 Dodge Ramcharger - The back-up plan/winter beater. Mods: Non-computerized timing, custom white gauge faces and red LED illumination, cat-back straight pipe, Chevy seats, Ford running boards, and MOPAR everything else.
    Wife's ride: 2014 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Wifeboosties, go!
    Family-mobile: 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan. Dogs love minivans!