Thread: scan all computers, SRS, ABS, ECS, Transmission, DCC, ETACS, Cruise

Forum User Feedback Score 11 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks

scan all computers, SRS, ABS, ECS, Transmission, DCC, ETACS, Cruise

Requirement: LCDBC product, and is running version 3.00 software or newer. A software update will be necessary on the LCDBC unit.

This new OBD1 or OBD2/MUT cable is capable of reading all 8 computers on our vehicles, such as:
    Engine ECU, Transmission ECU, Suspension ECU, Digital climate control ECU, SRS (airbag) ECU, ABS ECU, ETACS, Cruise.

Basically whatever the factory scan tool could do for our cars, now your LCDBC can do also. That includes reading air bag codes, clearing SRS light (and code), perform diagnostic tests on your ABS, etc.

Current inventory as of Sept 3: 1 units
    Priced at $130 USD shipped to USA / Canada. For International customers, they will be shipped airmail without tracking, if you prefer tracking please add $30 USD. After you send payment, please reply back so I can update this list. I am building new units every day.

Paypal email address: antero_jussila@yahoo.com
    or
    www.paypal.me/LCDBC

F.A.Q.
    (1) Will this work in conjunction with the C3 Climate control screen? Yes it does, as it only replaces your existing OBD cable.

(2) I have 91-93 car, and a 98/99 conversion harness with a second OBD2 connector, what cable do I need? OBD1 cable with DB15 connector, and your existing old enhanced OBD2/MUT cable will be re-used -- insert this into the DB9 connector of the LCDBC addon.

(3) I have a 91-93 car, and a Jester/Chrome kit with the OBD1 plug modified with additional pins, what cable do I need? OBD1 cable with DB15 connector.

(4) What software version do I need to be running as a minimum on the LCDBC? You need 4.0 firmware, any unit that has 3.x firmware is upgradable to 4.0.
    http://lcdbc.xp3.biz/updates/UPDATE403.zip

(5) How do I check the software / firmware version of my current LCDBC unit? Hold down the rotary encoder button during power up, and it will briefly greet you with a copyright message and version number.

(6) Where do I find user manual? Here's an incomplete manual, it will be updated as I find time to write more. http://lcdbc.xp3.biz/LCDBCADDON.pdf

Last edited by BlackStealth; 09-03-2019 at 11:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackStealth For This Useful Post:

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Option for both cables? Been using a drb for many peoples cars for years, problem is it doesn't work 100 percent of the time. I would also need the lcd unit

92 3000GT VR4
    Matt

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sublime_whatigo View Post
    Option for both cables? Been using a drb for many peoples cars for years, problem is it doesn't work 100 percent of the time. I would also need the lcd unit
    Extra cable, so you can do all year model cars is $30.

You don't have an LCDBC unit? That's $200 extra. I am working on a cheaper TFT touchscreen alternative to the LCDBC unit, but it's not finished yet.
    Last edited by BlackStealth; 09-03-2019 at 11:59 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackStealth For This Useful Post:

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) RealMcCoy's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    What I would be most interested in, (if it's something you are considering building, or are working on) is a standalone unit that can serve as a scan tool I can use in the shop to hook to any customer's car or mine... (something that can take the place of my stolen DRBII)

I'd also be interested in upgrading my LCDBC and getting this add-on for my car, but I have the very first version. Is my memory correct that the original board won't accept the newest firmware? I haven't pursued upgrading in the past due to the fact you hardwired my water/meth output into it for me... Do the newer boards have additional outputs that could solve that for me? or would we have to customize the replacement also?

As you can probably tell, I haven't really kept up on the newer developments...

Real Performance Automotive (541)816-4500 www.FB.com/RealPerformanceAuto

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMcCoy View Post
    What I would be most interested in, (if it's something you are considering building, or are working on) is a standalone unit that can serve as a scan tool I can use in the shop to hook to any customer's car or mine... (something that can take the place of my stolen DRBII)

I'd also be interested in upgrading my LCDBC and getting this add-on for my car, but I have the very first version. Is my memory correct that the original board won't accept the newest firmware? I haven't pursued upgrading in the past due to the fact you hardwired my water/meth output into it for me... Do the newer boards have additional outputs that could solve that for me? or would we have to customize the replacement also?

As you can probably tell, I haven't really kept up on the newer developments...
    Well the good news I am working on a scan tool that doesn't require a LCDBC, however it is not finished yet.

If memory serves correctly, you have one of the rare 16Mhz LCDBC units. Just go to config menu (holding down rotary encoder button during power up) to find your version number. If it's version 3.x or above you qualify. Alchy output is just one wire soldered next to the microcontroller, nothing more. I've recently modified the circuit boards for the LCDBC to include a hole to solder a "future alchy wire", as a few others have requested an alchy wire.

If you want to upgrade to a 20Mhz microprocessor with a 20Mhz crystal soldered to its legs, the price is $20. It will also contain the latest firmware.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Link to user manual for LCDBC Add on, it is incomplete, but I will add to it bit by bit.

http://lcdbc.xp3.biz/LCDBCADDON.pdf

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackStealth For This Useful Post:

Forum User Feedback Score 3 (100%) Unlogic's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Nice manual, I have to get me one of these boxes!

Forum User verified
    Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Antero, how much for the scan with both cables? I'd like to be able to use it between my two different gen cars.

Thanks,
    Antoni

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Antero, how much for the scan with both cables? I'd like to be able to use it between my two different gen cars.
    $30 extra.

Edit: Price change.
    Last edited by BlackStealth; 09-03-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Forum User verified
    Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStealth View Post
    Payment sent. Thanks!