Quick background: I was driving home from work last night in my 95 VR4 when I noticed that upon acceleration the turbos were not engaging, just heard a lot of rushing air. I still had normal power otherwise so decided to take it easy. A couple minutes later I noticed black smoke behind me and the car started to run rough. By the time I got to an exit ramp I couldn't get it much over 45mph. As I was pulling off the exit the car stalled.

I popped the hood and found that the bypass hose that connects to the BOV had popped off. I reattached it and was able to make it home (~2 miles) but the engine was running rough. Once at home and with the help of a friend we started pulling things apart. All that seemed to be bad was the spark plugs which are completely black on the ends.

So my questions:

Is there anything else that could have caused the bypass hose to come off other than the obvious (loose clamp?) The car had been running flawlessly up to this point, turbos pulled strong, no sign the BOV was dying.

Besides replacing the spark plugs, is there anything else I should worry about? Visually everything else looked as it should.

Thanks in advance.