Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red rectangle, White diagonal stripe.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    Before 3Si.

Thanks

Red rectangle, White diagonal stripe.

Yep, that's right.

Scuba diving.

In the past month I have had my eyes opened wide to the awesome underwater world. I got my PADI Open Water certification back in September at Lake Rawlings on the outskirts of Richmond, VA and immediately loved it. This past weekend I got my PADI Advanced Open Water certification and can say I'm hooked.

I can really see this as being a very expensive but ever so rewarding hobby. The relaxing feeling underwater is bar-none a feeling you can compare to anything else. I can say that after reading the dive manual, I was quite anxious and intimidated but the Dive Instructor was absolutely awesome and he made it a great time and now have 10 dives completed with him.

There are a few more courses I want to take (Nitrox being one of them) so that I can dive U-85 off the coast of NC next year.

So are there any other divers? Experiences? Certs? Trips on the "to-do" list?

There's is a bit of good in evryone verified Feedback Score 0 vr4chick's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm jealous!

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    I’ve snorkeled a lot during the summer on the reefs in the Florida Keys. I’ve never scuba dived though. I’ve always wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Banned verified Feedback Score 0 ictponder's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Have you considered the underwater cave diving? That stuff sounds like a lot of fun.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    A gal I work with and her husband are certified instructors - they take several vacations a year - this - http://traveltips.usatoday.com/beliz...ing-10120.html - is the only place they go, and diving is the only thing they do.

They aren't stupid people, either, so there must be something to it, right?
    Last edited by j2k4; 10-21-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Stuper Moderator Feedback Score 0 HilbillyHomeboy's Avatar
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    I've got quite a few friends that are really into it. Like Paul, I've only snorkeled. Open water really isn't my thing.

Jeremy

Forum User Feedback Score 0 SkorpioLT's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    I’ve snorkeled a lot during the summer on the reefs in the Florida Keys. I’ve never scuba dived though. I’ve always wanted to.
    Same here, snorkeling was fun but I can only imagine how much more fun scuba diving would be at a location like that... too much money for me though.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 AdamVR4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've been open water certified for a few years now... I haven't taken nearly as much advantage of it as I would have liked, with Cozumel being the only place I've done any diving (backed out of a dive in Cabo). I dove in St. Thomas before I was certified and spent the whole time getting water out of my rental mask. I really want to go to St. Thomas again because it was unbelievably full of sea life and everything about it was gorgeous (even relative to Cozumel). I did ~4 dives in Cozumel, including a night dive. I'm pretty scared of sharks, so after seeing a nurse (IIRC) shark during a day dive, diving at night was terrifying... Terrifyingly awesome. Do it.

Chris said ninjas don't fall down. Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    I've been open water certified for a few years now... I haven't taken nearly as much advantage of it as I would have liked, with Cozumel being the only place I've done any diving (backed out of a dive in Cabo). I dove in St. Thomas before I was certified and spent the whole time getting water out of my rental mask. I really want to go to St. Thomas again because it was unbelievably full of sea life and everything about it was gorgeous (even relative to Cozumel). I did ~4 dives in Cozumel, including a night dive. I'm pretty scared of sharks, so after seeing a nurse (IIRC) shark during a day dive, diving at night was terrifying... Terrifyingly awesome. Do it.
    St. Thomas does have some gorgeous waters, though, IMHO, the Grand Caymans have the clearest and most beautiful throughout the Caribbean.
    Chris and I have looked into taking lessons and put them off for the time being. I would like for us to be certified by the time we take our trip the Australia (for I hear THAT'S where the best diving is. ) Maybe if we start earning income from our investment property, we might go ahead and get started. I :heart: the ocean!!!

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 7 (100%) mb3000's Avatar
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    I went down to the Florida Keys last summer and dove, lots of fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast