Thread: Trouble shooting

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks

Trouble shooting

Hello,

New to forum so I hope I'm in the right spot. I recently went on a 50 mile drive and parked in my garage. The next morning there was a lot of silvery looking oil on the garage floor, looks like it started around the drivers side firewall, drove it back to storage and it operated normally - any ideas?

Kevin Rowe

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    I'll leave this to someone better-informed, but preliminarily, I'd say you have some trouble that needs shooting.

Good luck.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have an idea, something is leaking, lol. I'm assuming from the post you didn't check any of the fluid levels after seeing the oil to determine what it was and where it came from? The way the post is written it sounds like "I saw a puddle, and drove it back to storage, end of story". I bring this up because power steering fluid after being all grimed up can look like engine oil on the ground, and checking the steering fluid level would eliminate like 80% of the things that can leak in that general location. The rest is basically engine oil leaks, which can be a sign of something catastrophic that when it breaks while driving will destroy the engine. The best way to locate a leak is to clean the area really good and then start checking for the leak, say where the oil pressure sender screws into the block, ect.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks

Gotta agree. Your post is along the lines of "My car is making a noise. What is it?"

We're not saying this to bust your balls or give you a hard time, we are simply saying it's hard to diagnose problems without at least an attempted diagnosis from you.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    id be willing to take a wild guess at the source of this "silvery oil". cant help but ponder if its actually oil, or water. specifically the water common to discharge from the HVAC evap condensation drain on the firewall, prolly picked up some oil residue from the k member, hence the silvery appearance. pics would indeed help
    Pampena / Ross 9:1 pistons, 3sx forged H beam rods, 2g forged crank, evo 8 maf/ K&N filter, stainless y pipe, 13G dsm turbos, Chromed/Jester flash ECU, PTE680injetors, 6AN tank to fuel lab filter & AFPR, 6AN to rail/fuel loop, hotwired walbro 255, Turbosmart E-boost street, AEM wideband, gutted pre cats, 3sx test pipe, Tomie Bov.. 14B's DR downpipe, DSM simc's & JPDC TDO5 adapters and O2' housings waiting to go in.