Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help!

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have an ARC2 by Split Second to adjust fuel/Air if that is what you are referring to. The car is now at a mechanics who told me one of his guys could not get spark to the plugs but he has not put much time into diagnosing the problem. I am suspecting that it might be the ECU has gone bad. I did get it to turn over and drove it on 3 short trips although it did want to misfire in lower gears. There are not that many around here who can work on a modified Stealth sad to say.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 jbuhrman's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Dec 2005

Thanks
    With it being a 92 and how many issues I had with ecu in my 91 I would honestly learn towards that. As far as who to rebuild there isn't really a one stop shop everywhere for these cars. Where are you located that can assist in finding the closest supplier for you.

3SX is in North Carolina, and for fuel pump honestly if you aren't trying anything crazy just a walbruh will do.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Owner Since

Thanks
    I am in Fayetteville, AR. In this area mechanics who have experience with a modified Stealth is very limited sad to say. The mechanic where the car is now had it twice 5-6 years ago and he had it one time for 3 months and just found loose ground wires but got it back on the road running fine. He now has had it for several months as he has closed his shop and is fixing the cars left there and has not really gotten to mine yet. My intention is to pass all the advice I have gotten to him. I think my fuel pump is a stock one and some have said that is not good for 550 injectors. I would like to change it out for one that is suitable.

Owner Since
    Dec 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenisfergo View Post
    I am in Fayetteville, AR. In this area mechanics who have experience with a modified Stealth is very limited sad to say. The mechanic where the car is now had it twice 5-6 years ago and he had it one time for 3 months and just found loose ground wires but got it back on the road running fine. He now has had it for several months as he has closed his shop and is fixing the cars left there and has not really gotten to mine yet. My intention is to pass all the advice I have gotten to him. I think my fuel pump is a stock one and some have said that is not good for 550 injectors. I would like to change it out for one that is suitable.
    Finding people to do the work is hard, honestly reading up hitting the how to section is going to pay off in the end. Starting small and going more and more stuff.
    A simple drop in walbro 255 will fit the bill, they are not very expensive. For where to buy it is up to you as you have:
    Ninja performance in South Carolina
    3sx in North Carolina
    STM still makes things in NY
    Just decide what works best each place has advantage and disadvantage now(ninja will be possibly cheapest but longer wait time).

VR-3747 :D Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) futurevr4man's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I have a fuel pump I can send you for $100. Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH (quieter than a Walbro 255, flows more, fits the same... win/win/win)
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

Owner Since

Thanks
    So you think the Walbro 255 is suitable for 550 injectors? My fuel pump may be working but if we can get it started I wanted to make certain I had the right pump for those injectors. I had looked at a Denso pump. Something tells me my problem is the ECU and it was recommended I get a flashable one that 3X has for $750.00. I have no idea what a flashable one even means. I did email 3X for knowledge but they have not responded. I really would like to get the Stealth back to the way it was when I first bought it about 8 years or so ago. I will be pouring money into it that I will never get back as I have to fix the cracked dash (going to use contact cement and put black leather over the cracks after repairing them) and I need some work on door panels and get a new paint job. I had it painted about 5-6 years ago and a year later the clear coat began to peel off. Sometimes I wish I were not going through my 3rd childhood. LOL

Owner Since
    Dec 2005

Thanks
    Yes a walbro or the pump listed above will be fine for 550cc injectors.

Ask yourself in this order of budget. Do you have the budget for the flash ecu? If not get your current rebuilt and start saving either for back up or flashecu. You don't "need" one but it makes things easier.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Just to tout the benefits of a flash ECU I'll tell you about my cousin's car. Now it's not a 3s but a DSM and the ECU he used isn't "stock" but it could be flashed with a stock tune if need be. Any way on a stock turbo his car made 260 whp and 275 wtq with nothing more than injectors and fuel pump upgrades. On stock tune and boost that car would probably be lucky to dyno 140 whp. The tunabilty makes the flash ECU a great option.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Owner Since

Thanks
    My budget would allow me to buy the flash ECU. Need to find out first if my problem is in the ECU. If the mechanic helper was correct in that there is no fire to the plugs it could very well be the ECU.I have 500 Turbos.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Trevor425's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I agree with the real McCoy, I'd say you prolly fouled the plugs, especially in cold weather with stale old gas and an ArcII. Simple test is to replace the front three and see if it fires, it will still misfire on back bank but should start. Could also have rust in fuel tank..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast