Thread: 5 spd to 6 spd MR swap questions

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

5 spd to 6 spd MR swap questions

I posted this in the other forum too. random questions I want to be certain about......

I thought I had read a 5spd to 6spd swap thread years,ago but I cant find anything when I search.

here are my questions:

1. are the 5 speed front axles or intermediate axle shaft the same? in other words, can u just stick 5 spd axles intoo tha 6 spd?

2. can tha 5 spd shifter cables be used in the 6 spd? if not, why? just shifter placement? cable length too long or too short? brackets on trans?

3. the front of the driveshaft is different, but is it just length? would the 5 spd yoke fit into the 6 spd tcase tailshaft?

I kno tha 5 spd rear works with tha jdm or mr 6 spd, bt sinc I will be starting with a group of 5 spd parts I want to kno what is necessary and why.

thanks!!!!!!

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    1: Yes
    2: They are different cable lengths, but I think people have used them cross transmission use. I don't know this for sure. The shifter and base is a bit different, and the brackets are too but those match the transmission.
    3: Just the length, it's like 3/4". It will work just fine, but take note if you are the type of person who likes launching the hell out of your car, you will have that much less engagement and can possibly strip out the spines. I know for a fact that a certain someone has street raced with over 500HP without stripping them, but add more HP and sticky drag track and that's beyond my knowledge.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    tank u!!!!!! I knew the info and first hand experiences were out there bt couldnt find it. I apreciate it as I hav my mind set on a 6 spd but not idf it involved too many parts and costs.

thanks again!!!!!!