Thread: Guys with the Honda FPR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Guys with the Honda FPR

Does your car seem to start a lot harder now? I love the regulator as it's very consistent, but if the car is left for an hour or more, it takes 2-3 seconds for it to fire up. I'm assuming this is due to a loss of fuel pressure in the lines and I know it has something to do with the FPR (since the car fired up immediately every time right before I installed it). I've been looking for any small leak around the fuel rails and FPR but none seem to show up, so the system appears to be sealed.

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Eurospec Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have an aeromotive FPR and mine does the same thing. Sits a few hours and the fuel pressure is bled down, need about 2 secs to fire up. I'm not sure it's supposed to be this way though, as I seem to remember the FPR being better at holding pressure just a year ago (atleast not bleeding it down so darn fast).

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah, mine held pressure for a little bit initially, but now it bleeds down pretty quick. It does take an extra second to finally kick over, but I think the benefits out weigh that small negative.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 SilverJester's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Mine does take a second or two longer to start, but just assumed it was my maft-pro powering up before the car would start. But now that you mention it I installed both the maft-pro and honda AFPR at the same time. I also noticed that with the stock FPR, fuel pressure would drop incredibly slowly after shutting off the car, but now with the honda one it drops a lot quicker. It's not really a big deal though, I don't even notice the extra second it takes to start up anymore.

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    yep same thing. Held pressure for the first few months, now it drops almost as soon as you kill the key. Takes twice as long to start.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    yep same thing. Held pressure for the first few months, now it drops almost as soon as you kill the key. Takes twice as long to start.
    Did you switch orifices when you got yours? I stuck with the one it came with, but was wondering if that would possibly make a difference.

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    nope didn't change anything. The orifice that comes with the AEM installed stock is BARELY large enough for our application and a hotwired walbro or supra pump.