Thread: Wiring assistance

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks

Wiring assistance

As I try to get the SOHC running in a DOHC chassis I am sure I am going to run into a few issues I'll have to figure out and may need some help. I'll ask those questions as they come up but I do have one for now.

When I got the 94/95 Fed Spec SOHC harness and ECU off Greg I noticed two wires near the check connectors that were cut short. I figured at that time that I would handle it later. Well, later became much later, and after I got the harness installed a few weeks back it came back to my attention. I looked at the wires and noted they were a green wire with white stripe and green wire with red stripe. I dug my original Cali-spec harness back out and found the same two wires, and they were about 4 feet long, but to make it even more confusing, there is no plug on the end of them. They are ran through black "tubing" and just end.

I did some quick searches through the electrical manual and have come up empty. The only green with white I located has to do with the front combo light, and the only green with red has to do with ABS.

I don't know if these are SOHC only wires, but if someone can take a look at their harness or knows what the hell these are for please let me know. I'll take a look at the TT harnesses I have here too when I get a chance.

Thanks in advance

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Stealth owner since '91
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I see a couple of G/w wires in the diagrams in that area, including one from the tail light relay to the pop-up switch illumination (obviously not used in your car but maybe still there?) and one from the ETACs to the right-hand door lock switch for the alarm.
    Can you tell where they come from?

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    When I get a chance I'll snap a pic of the harness in question where is comes out in the car, and then I will grab my old harness and snap a pic too. I might be able to try to trace it from the old harness.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Its a year later, but I found the answer. It's for the dang hood "inspection" light. Doing more digging and back tracking I was able to continuity test the green/white wire to a plug that goes behind the vent with a harness I had laying out. It was yet another harness that was cut off....

I started tracking backwards further and found the glove box light had the same colors and then it all started coming together. I went back to my electrical manual and confirmed my suspicion.

I am guessing Greg, or possibly someone else cut off the wires because they got caught on something or burnt or something along those lines. I am guessing that after I put the Victory hood on mine and tucked the harness away the connector got broken off. I'll probably just tape them off since I will be reinstalling the Victory hood (once repaired) and won't have any place to put the factory inspection light.

On second thought, I might try to install some kind of LED strip under the hood somewhere to light things up when its needed.