Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Bastard 2.0

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You have 4 jackstands, some string, and a ruler?

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Yeah, just trying to get it close for now.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Tip #1 is to set max neg camber as first adjustment. On a 3s you physically can't get too much of that, lol.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Weather was nice today so I got the car back in the air and made some more alignment adjustments. Camber is way better.

I went for a ride and was hanging out with my cousin and I noticed the rear toe still needed a little adjustment.

After got back to the house I went back over the toe and adjusted it. Using a tape measure to the best of my ability on my own I am very close on the toe now. Also while I was at my cousins I noticed the passenger front toe was way out. Again using the tape measure to the best of my ability by myself I got it really close. I tried to set about 1/8" toe in and that's about what I got.

Took it for a ride and its straight as an arrow. Steering wheel is straight. Hopefully next weekend I'll get it in the garage and get my cousin to give me a second set of hands and eyes and get it really dialed.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    After going back over the alignment with a second set of hands we found that I am about as close as I can get without using actual toe plates. I'll probably take it to a local shop to get it 100% dialed in.

The Bastard actually got forced into action this week. Long story, short I hit a chunk of concrete with the Lancer and it busted the tire and bent the wheel. I put another wheel on it, but have been driving the 3000 to work all week. I've got about 250 miles on the clutch and everything now. Will get it to 500 then I'll change engine oil, trans oil, and adjust the clutch.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I drove it all this week too. We got hit with a snow storm yesterday and I ended up driving it to go hang out with my cousins in that snow storm because the front tires on the Lancer aren't the best. I have brand new tires for it in the car, just not on it yet.

Its about a 30 minute drive. The roads weren't bad, but I still took my time and actually was closer to 35-40 minutes due more to visibility than anything. On the ride home I heard a TON of salt hitting the underside. I think the state was trying to use up surplus and put it all on the road. I need to spray the underside off to get any excess off.

I've up to 455 miles on it now. Finding a few more things that need sorted along the way. My digital climate is going to end up needing looked at. It had random issues when I first got the car going, then those issues stopped and another one popped up. I also need to figure out why none of my rear defrost lines work. I know the circuit is good because the mirrors defrost just fine. I just need to get the multimeter out and see what is happening back at the hatch. The passenger seat back "rattles" at times when I am driving and it ends up squeaking while its rattling. I need to see if I can tighten something up to help, because that gets annoying.

Other than that I need to get a head unit in the car so I can stop playing music just on my phone, or sitting my bluetooth radio on the passenger seat. I need to install seatbelts and the airbag/horn. Got an issue with one seatbelt though and may have to procure another. Still got a few cosmetic things to do to the exterior to get it ready for paint, but I may put paint (at least the actual whole paint job) on hiatus until I find out what is happening with the industry. I'd rather have the extra $1000 if I would happen to lose my job. I may just put a cheap $100 paint job on it to get it all one color for now. Once things stabilize, or don't, I'll make the move toward getting it done right.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Drove it back and forth to work a few days this week. It's only 4.5 miles so it didn't add up much but I'm sitting right at 498 miles on everything now. Going to do the oil and trans oil change this weekend. I got a steering wheel in today that's in far better condition than the original. Also got hid's for the low beam so its not so dangerous to drive at night. Got both put on after work. Still need to install airbag, but I'll do that tomorrow after I unhook the battery for awhile.

Not sure what else will get done but progress is progress.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

Stealth owner since '91 Feedback Score 0 Steve '92ES's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    progress is progress.
    Progress is awesome....

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Oil changed, trans oil changed, steering wheel taken back off, reinstalled, removed, installed, removed, installed. LOL

I don't get it though. The original wheel was dead straight. When I installed the replacement I thought I had the wheels straight, but when I went for a ride today it was turned to about 1 oclock. I pulled the airbag, pulled the wheel and reclocked it. Went for another ride and it was off by a tooth or two. Pulled off into a parking lot and pulled the wheel again and reclocked. This time it was off the other way. I literally went back and forth several times and it seems like I can't get it dead straight. I'm too the point where I am just going to adjust the tie rods to be straight to the wheel.

Member verified Feedback Score 0 DocWalt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    turn the wheel back and forth and see if one side has more travel than the other. Center the wheel based on that then set the tie rods to make the wheels straight to the steering wheel.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast