Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Bastard 2.0

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Looking real good, Bri.

Glad to see another set of Villains again...
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

It movessss!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------^ Yup it's a Spyder Vr-4

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    My updates have slacked because my progress came to a crawl. I have been trying to diagnose some electrical issues before I moved forward, even though I said I was going to move forward anyway, but now I am glad I waited because I have disassembled much of the car all over again trying to figure out the reverse lights.

The headlights and marker lights are out, the fenders are back off, the glove box is back out, the taillights are out, gauge bezel is out, etc.

Some of the other issues I managed to figure out were the rear defrost and the horn. I tested the horn and had nothing at the relay. Crossing the relay over got me nothing too. Long story short, when I was testing horn with the horn buttons I didn't have the airbag grounded, so therefor no relay, because the horns are ground activated. Thankfully I got a second set of eyes on it and my cousin figured out my oversight there, however even with the relay clicking I had no horns. I even tested power and ground and they worked as should, but still no horns. Somehow, some way, the horns were bad. I purchased new oem-like ones and installed them Sunday. I have horns now.

Other issue was another oversight by me. I thought the rear defrost was not working, but after looking over the electrical manual I realized I was a moron. I tried to start the rear defrost with the car in the accessory position. ETACS needs to see voltage from the alternator. I started the car and the switch lit so that works. Don't know how healthy the defrost lines are, but I'll get to that at a later date.

Thankfully Steve and Larry are both in my troubleshooting thread on the reverse lights. If I can get that fixed I can actually start reassembling things and go forward. Once progress resumes I'll take more pictures and post them.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Brian I have not been on forums for a long time but did you ever get the wide body kit on you got from mikes 2nd

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    If you look at some of the recent pics you'll see where the front fenders were installed. They are back off at the moment but should be put back on this weekend, unless I decide to go ahead and do some other painting while it is back apart.

Thanks to Larry (Real McCoy), we were able to figure out my (hopefully) last electrical issue and I can resume progress.

Posted this in my diagnosis thread, but

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    looking good, B
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    So not many photos but actually got a lot accomplished this weekend.

I was able to fix the reverse light issue "correctly." What I did was depin the switch wires from C30 on the engine harness. I grabbed my extra body harness and depinned two of the correct size pins and a length of wire. I had to depin one random wire from C29 because it mated up with the signal wire going to the reverse lights. I'm not sure what it correlates to but I'll loom into it later. Anyway, I inserted my wires I had depinned into the harness in their proper spots and crimped some male spades on then inserted into the two female spades I depinned from the engine harness. Did a quick test and it worked as it should. I installed some heat shrink over the spade connections and breathed a sigh of relief.

Once I had the reverse lights fixed I commenced with putting stuff back together. I reinstalled all the hatch plastics, spare tire, etc. I reinstalled the glove box. I reinstalled the clamshell plastic around the steering wheel, which BTW fuck that thing. I reinstalled the gauge bezel.

I moved outside the car at that point and started wiring in New plugs for the fog lights. Since I have a 1g car and 2g fogs the plugs didn't match so I bought some insulated ones off Amazon.

Testing after wiring

Mounted them after testing

Called it a day at that point because the heat and humidity was wearing on me. Had a few things I wanted to accomplish today but due to bad back spasms and again heat and humidity I only got one thing done, but it was another "big" thing. I got the headlights wired for 5he 2g lights.

No pics there because I can't put the headlights in until fenders go back on. My list in starting to dwindle but there's still plenty to do. All I can do is keep chugging along.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Got the car most of the way back together over the weekend after having everything torn back down to track down the electrical issues. Refilled the coolant and started the car only to find I still had a leak around the coolant sensors in the radiator. Drained the coolant again and did another R&R of the rad and sensors. Put it all back together and finally was leak free.

Once I was leak free I took a deep breath and checked things over once more and took the car for its first road test in way too long. It was only about 3 miles round trip but I have the vids, just haven't gotten them uploaded yet. I'll post them tomorrow when I get the time to get that done.

Main things left now are to finish fixing the hood, get some interior stuff straightened out, and a few other odds and ends. The rest of the body stuff will probably wait til fall.
    Last edited by stealthee; 07-14-2019 at 11:27 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    As promised.

The vids are nothing special. They are also in vertical orientation because apparently my cousin hasn't gotten the memo but

After I turned around in my own driveway he shot a quick drive by vid. It was only about 1 second so I just turned it into a gif instead

And lastly when I returned to the garage he got a shot of me backing it back into the garage.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Move to see movement.

I haven't asked, though you may have said at some point what color you gonna do it...oh, duh.

Why Blue, of course.

Never mind.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to j2k4 For This Useful Post: