Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Bastard 2.0

Senior (i.e. OLD) Member :) verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Bob.
    95 Caracus Red Spyder VR4 (sold 6/12/21 )
    Cianci FG Viper Hood/Aerocatch Pins
    Quad Carbon Fiber Tipped Borla Catback
    Stock 18" 6 Spoke Chromies
    K&N FIPK
    Indiglo Gauges
    JimVR4's Remote Start/Top Op Computer

92 Wheat Beige Metallic Stealth TT (sold 6/14/20 )

OhioSpyderman Short Shifter (in both!!!)
    SBC-iD Boost Controller (in both!!!)

Oldest son - 94 Danube Blue VR4 (sold 10/19)
    Middle son - 93 Panama Green VR4

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Good things come to he who needs an inspection...
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Not a lot done today, but got the Aerocatch hood pins installed.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I've been driving it occasionally. I've got around 100 miles on the clutch now.

I have a rattle in the rear that I can't track down. At first I thought it was a spring, like my lower perch came loose, but after inspecting it it is fine. The exhaust is all tight but looks like it might be really close to the lift block on the rear subframe so I need to try to hold it away from that and try again.

Other than that still sorting little things out as I go. With the time change and the weather change can't really get much done through the week, but I'll make progress as I can.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Glad you're driving it B. Get it sorted out then paint
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Been a little leery to drive it after the axle fiasco, but as mentioned have been going on short drives here and there. Took it up to the garage today and removed the solid trans mount and installed a OEM trans mount to help with some vibration and drone. I also made some more adjustments to the rear alignment.

This rattle in the rear has me completely annoyed that I can't find it. The rear control arms are really close to the sway bar end links, but I don't think that is the issue. I just want to get the damn thing sorted so I am not "afraid" to drive it.

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since
    10-23-08

Thanks
    I haven't been on these forums in a LONG time. So long, in fact, that the Blue 91 SL is gone, and I'm working on completely new projects. It's nice to see you're still kicking around and making progress. Car's looking great, can't wait to see you finish it in the spring.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    So its been a little while since I posted anything. Between the holidays, the weather, and life I haven't been able to do much. A few weeks ago my cousin and I tag teamed the rear camber and got it 100% dialed in, only to see that the toe was now way out of spec. I babied the car the 2 miles home and ordered toe arms that day. They came in a few days later and my intentions were to put them on over that weekend, but I was a little sick and slept most of that weekend, then the temps have just been all over the place and/or its been raining a lot.

Anyway, since it was above 40* and it wasn't raining I decided to work on the toe arms this afternoon after I did some running around. Driver's side took a few extra minutes due to stuck camber bolt, and stuck tie rod. Put the new arm up in place and moved to the passenger side. It came right apart, and then I had an issue putting it back together, caused by my own forgetfulness.

Along the way though I discovered something. I found the caliper bolt on the passenger rear was loose. Immediately it hit me that that almost has to be my rattle. I made sure to tighten it before I put the car back on the ground.

I ran out of light, and warmth so I didn't get the toe dialed in, but I still went for a quick (sketchy) ride and it seems the rattle is gone. Hoping to get the alignment all dialed in tomorrow.

I was to the point with the rattle that I was about to strip the entire interior back out to see if something in the car was rattling. Hopefully I don't have to do that now. LOL

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Glad to hear ur making headway, especialy wit this weather weve been having. Didnt see the pics above until now. Loookn sexay......

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Well, I did some running around this morning, and got a few things done around the house, then I decided to try to get the toe adjusted. Got both sides looking good by eye, but after setting it down and taking it for a ride I now have positive camber. I was going to jack it back up and get it all dialed in, but it started raining. The good thing is the car is drivable if an emergency would arise. It is not sketchy to drive. I put a few more miles on it and it definitely seems that the rattle was indeed that rear caliper. Once I get that alignment all sorted it will definitely start seeing more drive time.