Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Blue Bastard 2.0

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Interior is still not all the way back together. I need to locate some interior A pillar trims, or do something with the ones I have. Also need to figure something out for the rear quarter window trim. The quarter window trim out of this one is almost more like a fiberglass material than plastic. A bunch of the metal "clips" on the backside of the drivers side one are broke off. Its not vinyl wrapped like other SL/RT/VR4/TT ones I have seen either. I'm thinking because it is an early 91. I also never finished putting the rear hatch trim all back because I still need to redo the center reverse panel and don't want to put that stuff back, then take it back out again.

There are lots of little detail things I want to do that now won't be a hinderance getting in the way of getting the car done. I just need to find the time (and energy) to do them.

I did realize I have to take the front bumper cover back off again. I forgot to reinstall the coolant overflow (have 99 style) and unless I am missing something it is impossible to install with the bumper cover on.

Seems to be running good. Temp is staying good, even in this heat. I think I still have a bit of an oil leak, but I really don't care any more at this point.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Senior (i.e. OLD) Member :) verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) OhioSpyderman's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Brian,

In case you interpreted my queries as negative, I have nothing but COMPLETE ADMIRATION for what you have done.
    I teased you for years, but I hope you can look back and say "Hey, maybe he was trying to light a fire under my butt"....

You took two "shells" and turned them into one BEAUTIFUL machine. Nothing but pure passion, desire, and a bit of craziness could have accomplished that....
    I hope you enjoy it for a LONG time....

Not sure what camera you use to take your pics, but when you take THE perfect one, please send it to bstirling@yahoo.com. I would like to use it as one of my two background pics [two monitors] (seriously).

Great, no, FUCKING FANTASTIC job...

Bob.
    95 Caracus Red Spyder VR4 (sold 6/12/21 )
    Cianci FG Viper Hood/Aerocatch Pins
    Quad Carbon Fiber Tipped Borla Catback
    Stock 18" 6 Spoke Chromies
    K&N FIPK
    Indiglo Gauges
    JimVR4's Remote Start/Top Op Computer

92 Wheat Beige Metallic Stealth TT (sold 6/14/20 )

OhioSpyderman Short Shifter (in both!!!)
    SBC-iD Boost Controller (in both!!!)

Oldest son - 94 Danube Blue VR4 (sold 10/19)
    Middle son - 93 Panama Green VR4

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhioSpyderman For This Useful Post:

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    No, not taken as negative at all Bob.

Once I get a few more things taken care of I want to plan a photo shoot. Pics I've been posting lately were just taken on my phone, but when I do a shoot I will use my Nikon P&S (like 16MP IIRC)> I might even try to bust out my old Pentax (less MP but more variables and adjustments) just to see if I can remember how to use everything.

I need to just go for a drive and scout picture locations. With the heat of the summer upon us "nature" photoshoot doesn't seem promising. We'll see what I can come up with and I'll send you high res pictures.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Brian, I've gotta add my sentiments to Bob's - the car looks fantastic, and that blue...if it wasn't a car, I'd give it a good lick.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Hey, are your Villains missing the center-caps?

Love to see what my "Dark Argent" wheels would look like with the blue.

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Yeah. I only ever had two caps since I got the wheels and they weren't even in good shape and Konig doesn't make those caps any more. I had some "universal" ones but ended up losing two. Its weird because I bought the same centers for the Lancer's Villains and they haven't budged. I actually just put a set of centers back in my Amazon shopping cart for them.

I actually thought about throwing the Lancer wheels on just to see how the burnt bronze looked against the blue, but honestly I think the silver really works well with it.

I think the only thing the exterior needs to be "finished" is a splitter and I started really considering the Retro Spec side skirt splitters. Saw them on Englert's (FamilyMan) car in his Rocky Mountain Race Week videos last week and they really add something to the appearance.

Stealth owner since '91 Feedback Score 0 Steve '92ES's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    THAT is absolutely Beautiful!
    I'm so glad you didn't give up, it's coming out great!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve '92ES For This Useful Post:

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Frustration levels abound...

I ran to the store earlier and planned to fill up while I was out. I opened the passenger door and heard a small pop. Fearing the worst I looked expecting to see the fender cracked, but it wasn't and I couldn't see what caused the noise due to lack of light. Figured I'd check it at the gas station. I continue to the gas station. Its only about 2 or 3 miles from the store and about a mile from the gas station the car starts hesitating like it is starting to starve for fuel. I figured there was no way I should have been running out and babied it along and thankfully made it to the gas station.

I started the fill up and check on the pop. Somehow the door cap caught the side skirt and popped itself out on front. I got it popped back in. When I stood up I noticed something else. Where the outside A pillar meets the sail panel it rubbed paint away from the edge of the sail panel. When I checked the drivers side I could see it had a bigger gap and was fine. I walked back around because I remembered the a pillar fitting strange into the top of the fender and saw the fender had rubbed the bottom of the a pillar too.

I had tried to adjust the fender to make it fit/look better but nothing seemed to help. Guess I'll have to try something else.

To top it off as I walked around the front again I saw that the hardware I bought to replace the hood pin bolts already has surface rust on it. Guess I'll just have to look for black stainless or just get regular old stainless.

Lastly when the pump shut off it verified what I pretty much knew. There was still 1.5 gallons in the tank. There is no reason it should have ever bucked with that much fuel. I am probably going to pull the pump because this is the second time I almost ran out of fuel and thought something was up about the fill amount.

Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    All of these problems have just been waiting to pounce, Bri.

Stay cool...

Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I know.

On the plus side I have 4 center caps now.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast