Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking 3000gt G-Sensor Function

Banned Feedback Score 11 (100%) J. Fast's Avatar
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks

Unlocking 3000gt G-Sensor Function

Is there a way to extract the data from our g-sensors for interpretation in the form of a log? I'm working on a little side project and would like some help unlocking the information to transfer into two dimensional or 3 dimensional graphs for a suspension program. Anyone know how to unlock this feature? I know you can unlock the data on a hondata with an s200 chip, and ofcourse Motec (well because it's motec). I'm looking for the raw data information translated to our stock ecu in various ecs modes IE acceleration, braking, cornering force, what would be the way to go about obtaining the info?

Jeremy

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Blurr's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That would be pretty sweet to know. I noticed the G sensor in the service manual but I haven't found any mention as to what it's actually for or how to access it.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The G-Sensor was used for the ECS I thought?

Why? Because Race Car. verified Feedback Score 0 akotten's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Wow....the idea of a built in G-sensor from factory is news to me. I had NO idea. That's pretty neat.
    91 R/T TT
    Mods: RC 550s, Stillen Downpipe, Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors, HKS Exhaust, HKS VPC, HKS EBC, HKS Turbo Timber, HKS Twin Power, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS SMIC, HKS Fuel Pump, Wiseco Pistons, 3SX Rods, Ferrera SS Valves, 3rd Gen Lifters, 15G Turbos, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, B&M FMOC, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley, EGR blockoff.

Banned Feedback Score 11 (100%) J. Fast's Avatar
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamer View Post
    The G-Sensor was used for the ECS I thought?
    Correcto. I'm currently working on a revised prototype ecs controller. We're building on the last prototype controller (which is already operational and being tested in a vehicle) and discussing incorporating a g-sensor into the revised controller. I'm looking for the raw data so I can take logs of various situations and then write a revised electronic controlled suspension response program based on the additional sensor feedback. Basically we've started from scratch on a custom ecs controller that can be adapted to any year, make, or model of 3/S and are writing our own suspension control program aswell as customized aerodynamic control and I would like to study the information for a basis of comparison and future program tweaking.

The current controller we've proto'd has been installed on a 98 VR-4 with 2nd gen ECS struts and is currently only setup to run 4 basic mode programs. Soft, medium, hard, and diagnostic. THe next proto will have all the bells and whistles.

That's pretty much the project and why I'm after the data. Any ideas you guys can come up with to access the data would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Forum User Feedback Score 0 EthanS's Avatar
    Owner Since
    04'

Thanks
    I was able to read "G's" on my scanmaster3. I'm not sure if that was an internal part of the scanmaster or if it pulled it off of the factory G sensor *shrug*

Also not sure if that worked on lateral G's either, all I looked at it for was acceleration and deceleration. I was able to hit slightly over 1G in either (from a rolling start of course don't have time to look at it in 1st gear acceleration haha)

-Ethan

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Dbeltran24's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Try contacting the guys who are working on Flashing 98/99 ecu's. They might be able to point you in the right direction, since they have broken down most of the code already.
    MODS - DNP Intake with K&N Style Filter, Polished DOHC Throttle Body with Portmatched Plenum, Portmatched Intake and Exhuast Ports on Heads, Ported Intake Passages in Heads, Performance Valve Job (Street), 3SX WebCams Reground Cams, .20 Overbored Block/Pistons, 3SX Fed Spec Downpipe with Gutted Rear Pre-Cat, 3SX Stock Size Crank Pulley, BigTyla Ground Wires, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Seatlle92VR4's Hyper-Flex Polyurethane Motor, Ultimate Performance Strut Bars, 3SX Polyurethane Suspension Bushings, Shift Kit

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fast View Post
    Correcto. I'm currently working on a revised prototype ecs controller. We're building on the last prototype controller (which is already operational and being tested in a vehicle) and discussing incorporating a g-sensor into the revised controller. I'm looking for the raw data so I can take logs of various situations and then write a revised electronic controlled suspension response program based on the additional sensor feedback. Basically we've started from scratch on a custom ecs controller that can be adapted to any year, make, or model of 3/S and are writing our own suspension control program aswell as customized aerodynamic control and I would like to study the information for a basis of comparison and future program tweaking.

The current controller we've proto'd has been installed on a 98 VR-4 with 2nd gen ECS struts and is currently only setup to run 4 basic mode programs. Soft, medium, hard, and diagnostic. THe next proto will have all the bells and whistles.

That's pretty much the project and why I'm after the data. Any ideas you guys can come up with to access the data would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy
    Sweet. I like the G sensor idea a lot ! Why would you want to use the 3000gt G-sensor(s)? you could use some aftermarket unit like this

http://www.emartee.com/product/41965...-Sensor-Module

http://www.elechouse.com/elechouse/i...roducts_id=300

http://www.bosch-presse.de/TBWebDB/e...xt.cfm?id=2887

These are tri axial sensors but you sure can find accelerations sensors too .

now combine these with Steering sensor, throttle sensor and speed and your golden
    Last edited by mb7050; 10-20-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Dbeltran24's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    out of curisoity. Could the G-Sensor data be used to estimate dyno results. IE HP, TQ, 1/4 mile times, and 0-60's. Kinda like the phone apps or those portable devices you stick to your windshield work. I know it wouldn't be as accurate as a dyno, but it would be nice to get estimates. Might be an interesting feature to add.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I was just wondering how similar the ECS system used in our cars is compared to Bmw ECS III ?
    http://www.bmwrocketscience.com/.../...air-manual.pdf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast