Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big scratch on my Mitsubishi please help

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Post Big scratch on my Mitsubishi please help

Hey guys,

Late the other night I had a very rude awakening by my car alarm going off so as most people would do i looked out the window, seen nothing went downstairs turned the alarm off and seen no one in site (thinking maybe a glitch or a cat or something).The next day i get up as usual go to work as normal park the Mitsubishi 3000gt up and did what i had to do in work. When finishing i exited the building and it must have been one of the worst days of my life there is a 3 foot key scratch down the passenger side of my Mitsubishi… furious!! if i catch the mother****** who did this, well….

Anyway now my rant is over I have to fix this problem at the minute I am using a black marker pen to hide the scratch the best I can, but I know it is there and it is driving me crazy. I am here for your guidance and help I have been out and brought a car polisher for sale/waxing kit for sale at the local auto store and some metallic T-CUT. So now the process of how to clean the Mitsubishi, wax and blend he scratch in, I’m a little lost i might even need more products for the Mitsubishi but I have no idea..
    Any advice/information will be mu appreciated, I will give anything a go that you throw my way before I have to take her in for a re-spray which I’m not looking forward to.

SPECS
    Year: 1999
    Color: Metallic Black

If there is any other information needed just let me know and I will add it on!!!

zzzzzzzzz.jpg

Thanks guys
    Last edited by 0-100; 09-29-2016 at 02:25 AM. Reason: More information

Forum User Feedback Score 0 box's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That's shit.

Give us a good, high resolution picture of the scratch from front on and at an angle so we can see what you're dealing with.

Owner Since

Thanks
    No problem i can get one up in a couple hours

Owner Since

Thanks
    IMG03930_7829.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture quality but that's the best i can get before it just blurs out

Owner Since

Thanks
    BTW that's not the whole scratch just the deepest part

Monogamous Gigolo verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) 2fnloud's Avatar
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Sucks that this happened but how exactly can we help? Yes it is a bad scratch, yes it will need to be painted. what type of insurance do you have?

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) sohcstealth's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2002 and 2014

Thanks
    General rule of thumb. If you can catch your fingernail on the scratch, it can not be buffed out and will require a repaint.

Sorry about the car man, totally sucks!
    '92 Dodge Stealth SOHC - 3SX Adjustable Camber & Toe Arms, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, 3SX Steel Braided Brake Lines, Stillen Brake Pads on Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors, 3SX Steel Braided Clutch Line, 3SX Lightweight Aluminum Crank Pulley w/ Gatorback Belts, 65mm Big-Bore Throttle Body w/ Half-Shaft Mod, ARP Head Studs, 3SX Poly Motor Mounts, 3SX Short-Throw Shifter w/ Solid Shifter Bushings, Single TD05H 20G, FMIC, FMOC, Hotwired Walbro 255, 525cc Precision Injectors, 3SX underhood fuel kit w/ Custom SOHC Fuel Loop, Custom Ceramic Coated Headers and Turbo Downpipe, RT High-Flow Cat, Custom Stainless 2.5" Cat-Back w/ Flowmaster 40, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Light Weight Flywheel, Various GM Sensors, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Tuned with MAPECU 2.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've had pretty good results using the Dr. Colorchip system on small scratches and rock chips. Yours seems a little deeper than just a scratch, but it might work as a temporary fix.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    You might give some thought to your enemies list.

Such things do occasionally happen because of mental-defectives, but I'm thinking someone may be pissed at you, in which case you might also want to deploy a camera and bust someone.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Your right!! cameras is my next move after trying the finger nail tip and the Dr. Colorchip. If not Paint shop here i come....

Thanks for the info guys hopefully the Dr. Colorchip works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast