Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 1998 3000gt vr4 $500

  1. #1

    1998 3000gt vr4 $500

    EDIT: DEPOSIT RECEIVED 1/20/2016


    I am parting out a 98 3000GT vr4 and will have a pretty bare shell (meaning no fenders, sideskirts, bumpers, headlights, brakes, drivetrain, lights etc...) left when I'm done. It is a no accident/clean title car with 110k miles. It will be pretty stripped or I could leave some of it in tact. I bought the car with low oil pressure thinking it may be something simple, but turns out it was about to spin a bearing. I found a bunch of red shop towel fragments clogging the oil pump pickup tube and glittery oil.

    $500 Basic shell option (perfect for someone who's car was recently wrecked)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    shell (good front windshield)
    sunroof still in tact with motor
    hood
    hatch (no wing)
    doors (with wiring window regulators still in tact)
    rear subframe still attached (no rear diff)
    all brake lines/fuel lines/aws lines will still be in tact and not cut/bent.
    gas tank (no fuel pump assembly)
    used struts (no springs, but I'll cut some pipe)
    + anything else I decide isn't worth selling
    Bring your own wheels or add $150 and I'll include the oem chromies (some chrome pealing but really good tires)


    $1600 Interior in tact price
    ------------------------------------------
    - Same as above but with interior not pulled apart (aems gauges on pillar or radio not included)
    - includes 98 vr4 wiring harnesses still in tact with flashable ecu
    - dash, steering wheel, airbags, gauge cluster, newer style digital climate control still in tact
    - carpet/seats still present
    - all interior trim still present
    - power antenna and fuel pump assembly stilll in car
    Same deal with the wheels, bring your own or add $150 for my chromies

    I need to know ASAP if someone wants the interior package. I'll give it til next Friday (1/22/2016) before I start tearing the interior apart. Car is located in Milton, VT 05468. Please don't ask about other parts for sale in this thread. I'll start a new thread for that later today. And please don't ask "how much for the whole car as is" because it's not for sale that way. If you want it shipped, try uship.com.

    Call/Text
    802-309-9978


    Pics below. Here is also a video I made when I first bought the car ( )









    Last edited by fastfalcon94; 01-20-2016 at 07:21 PM.

  2. #2
    BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2/2010

    Location
    L'Anse, MI
    Posts
    2,476
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 594 Times in 488 Posts
    A beautiful car like that undone by a fucking shop towel...that's a mortal sin.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

    Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

  3. #3
    Here for the party Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Canaan NH
    Posts
    1,710
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 106 Times in 87 Posts
    I cant believe you decided to not fix it. What a shame.

  4. #4
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1998

    Location
    Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    2,042
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 135 Times in 105 Posts
    How much for the whole car minus the engine/trans? With all body, interior, suspension, wheels, etc.

  5. #5
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    STL, MO
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    190
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    How much for all the body being there? I can bring my own rims.
    1991 Stealth RT/TT
    Mods- Greddy Type S and a spun bearing.

    [Yesterday 11:43 PM] R/T93 : Im reading hulk comics on Youtube
    [Yesterday 11:45 PM] R/T93 : he has to fight the silver surfer hand to hand...
    OhioSpyderman:why do you have to pee on my wheaties Dave?

  6. #6
    If you want a rolling shell with sideskirts/fenders/rear bumper I can do $1900. I'll do $1800 if you bring your own wheels. (Technically only need to bring 3 because there is a good spare in the car)

    To restore the car and make it look decent you would need

    headlights/turn signals
    tail lights/center garnish
    front bumper
    calipers
    struts/springs (used struts are included, I plan on cutting an old pipe up to use as springs to get it rolling)
    rear diff
    driveshaft
    transfercase
    transmission
    engine (full motor needed with turbos, headers, o2 housings, ac compressor/alternator/ps pump)
    intake pipes and filter
    oil cooler
    intercoolers
    intake
    bov
    windshield washer reservoir (one is there, but for some reason the pump is missing)
    spoiler (whoever installed the 99 wing actually cut the inner studs off and just used the outside studs :/, so you could mount any wing ex nonturbo, aa wing, hoop wing, 99 wing) and not have holes in the hatch)
    radio
    window belt trims on door (chrome showing on both sides)
    new window trim piece above hatch glass (chrome showing)
    downpipe (you can have a really rusted up 3sx one if you want)
    cat (or just get a downpipe that eliminates the cat)
    floor mats (none were present when I got it)
    front axles (passenger front is seized in wheel bearing, drivers side is out but end is all mushroomed from banging on it so hard)
    the whole car will need a buffing
    hood and sunroof cover have bad clearcoat peeling. So repaint. Or maybe cf vinyl or plastidip if you want to make it look better for cheap
    sail panels
    starter
    brake lines (left them all attached to the calipers)
    drivers A pillar (has holes in it from gauge pod)
    tail lights/center garnish
    heater hoses that run from engine to firewall
    injector resistor pack (wires were cut and it wasn't hooked up for some reason)
    front abs sensors (one was missing, I cut the other)
    some of the interior plastics are included but won't be screwed/snapped back into place (basically stuff to get to tail lights and sail panels. You'd need to remove it again anyways)


    I think that is about everything it would need. Perfect if you are a parts hoarder or have a wrecked 3s. I'll also include a box full of all the bolts I've removed. The radiator and hoses are included. Power steering reservoir coolant overflow tank are present. The factory exhaust is also still on the car. All the interior/wiring is present. The rear passenger coat hanger piece is missing the tan rubber that slides over it. The interior is pretty clean. One of the defroster vents on very far driver side is cracked but not really popping up bad. Was a "non-smoker" but there is a burn mark on drivers carpet. A floor mat would cover it. Car doesn't smell bad at all. It has the same distinct 3s smell that they all have. Owners manual, spare tire, factory jack, and title included.

    802-309-9978

    Built motor, DR750s, AEM and Meth
    http://www.802projects.com

  7. #7
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fowlerville, MI
    Posts
    1,251
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts
    If it were closer, I'd actually buy this since I'd have a donor for most of it
    '92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - Aug. 2012 COTM

  8. #8
    Deposit Received for the shell with full interior. - Charlie

  9. #9
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2009

    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    364
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
    Do it!!

    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    If it were closer, I'd actually buy this since I'd have a donor for most of it

  10. #10
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    Fowlerville, MI
    Posts
    1,251
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuny View Post
    Do it!!
    If you go pick it up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering