Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What we are doing wrong when light weighting a 3000gt Stealth GTO an such

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What we are doing wrong when light weighting a 3000gt Stealth GTO an such

I just weighed my car and it is 2694 without me in it...... I have read through lightweight threads for quite a long time. I expected at best 3200lbs...... I pulled it onto the scales saw the number and went back and started over. It had to be wrong. No. It was correct. This is a stock 93 sl with a stock vr4 motor, stock vr4 rearend, and even stock driveshaft, as well as brakes. I have heard of the weights of some of the top names in this platform and only a few are in that range.
    why?
    the problem is what are you building or using it for?
    this determines what parts you do or don't need. For example, I see a lot of people with power steering on a drag car. Why would you need that? brake booster? Wtf are you going to need that for? Take a look at most of the old heavy muscle cars running out on the strip. Most of them run manual brakes. With drums. And single piston sliding calipers. And they run 10s. And stop.
    My fones about too die......I'll edit this and continue when I cn charge......

DR-750 club Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) FeaRpb's Avatar
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Go on .......
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

Man vs 3/S verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) R/T93's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I wouldn't want to drive a 2650 lb 3/s car, firstly it wouldn't have a cage and the only reason to make it that light would be to race the piss out of it. Also most people don't drive the piss out of them, they just DRIVE them and all the things that add weight make it better to DRIVE. My thoughts, anyways.
    93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

3SNG15 Best overall

"I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R/T93 View Post
    I wouldn't want to drive a 2650 lb 3/s car, firstly it wouldn't have a cage and the only reason to make it that light would be to race the piss out of it. Also most people don't drive the piss out of them, they just DRIVE them and all the things that add weight make it better to DRIVE. My thoughts, anyways.
    Aye to that, Nathan.

POWER UP!!
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    But i forgot: Cuz Racecar^^

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Mine weighs 2758 lbs without driver. The car has a full welded in roll cage, powered steering, brake booster, parachute mount weld to cage but removable for the road, the heavy brake bar that goes from the brake booster to the right hand footwell (rhd car), big turbos, big pipework, big FMIC, double oil coolers, double catch tanks, stroker rotating assembly, bell housing brace, billet end housing, billet shifter forks, 12" x 6" x 1/4" steel flywheel scatter shield etc etc.

These bits add quite a bit of weight back in.

PS it is my stipulation that the car must remain streetable as I like to use it not just track it.

Just some food for thought and discussion.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Well some of you are complete douchebags and wasting forum space with useless comments. First off, I can full apreciate those that want to keep driveability. That's not what thread is about. I tried editing my post and wrote for probably an hour and then the site kicked me out. I may write more later. Fucked off right now. I want to add information I have found that I haven't seen in my 12 years on this platform. I think most of you are content watching the dsms Hondas chevys and bucks running hundreds of 10, 9, 8, and 7 second cars while we have 2 8 second cars and 3 9 second cars. But go ahead make smug useless comments just like all 3s
    ers do and the reason I havent been on these forums in 6 years.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    So you're brand new here, and immediately feel like telling everyone they're fucking idiots.

IBTL.

Man vs 3/S verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) R/T93's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Lol. K. I'd like to see how you made 2700 lbs.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Well, I did come in here for a reason but now I can only say that.....mandrel bent pipes must be heavy is the reason all our cars that run are heavy?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast