Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1981 Yamaha Maxim 650

I don't own a VR4! Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    No new work done on the bike due to bigger commitments with our home. I never got my order in, however, I think my solution for the gaskets issue is to make my own gaskets. If I do it this way, I can save money and learn something new. I may do this for the exterior covers and possible the engine casing, but internal gaskets, just buy them one-off.
    Your 1993 Dodge Stealth is one of 6351 that received VIN numbers. Based on the order of the serial numbers, your car was the 5212nd out of the 6351 that were made that year.
    Your car was built in the 3rd week of February 1993. Of the 47380 vehicles made at the Nayoga plant, your car was the 40537th vehicle to be created that year.
    There are 281 other cars that were made with both the same interior and exterior color. There are 779 cars with the same exterior color and 2316 cars with the same interior color.
    Note: The production order is assigned based on the order of the serial number.

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Making gaskets is a useful skill to have! I'd highly recommend a set of gasket punches so you can make the holes for fasteners and such, but the rest can be done free hand.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

I don't own a VR4! Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It's been a while since I have posted, but now things are getting more stabilized and I can work on this project again.

I picked up some fiber/rubber gasket material from NAPA. It's only 8.59 a roll and the roll is 2 foot long by 1 foot, so not too bad. I started making some gaskets last night and will continue to make some tonight. I had started making some gaskets already prior to this, mostly RTV gaskets, but some of the gaskets need to be the fiber/rubber material. Will post some pics soon.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boost4VR4 For This Useful Post: